Thread Tools
Nov 22, 2012, 02:10 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus
I use xcweather and its always pretty good.
Me too and the weather doesn't look too bad this weekend, maybe rain on Saturday but dry on Sunday and the wind it no stronger than usual.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2012, 03:34 AM
Registered User
Upup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
I'm sorta bored of loads of easy star clones and the 'SSS' is just the same but scaled up, it sort of looks like a glider but not really scale. I prefer the utility look of a plane thats designed to do a job with no care for scale planes. This is why these newer FPV planes like the Skyhunter/New Skywalker and simple wings are of interest to me.

If i go (next interview with the director is tomorrow) i'll rip all the electronics out of some of my planes and start fresh there with new foam. I figure i'll keep one or two built up here for visits home (there should be plenty).

I was hoping the Park Jet would be my 'travel plane' that i could take with me when i go visit different countries but its just too fragile. I need something robust like an EPP/laminate wing but with the size and stability of the Park Jet. My raven is just that little too big to pack. And like most wings it suffers from yaw sawing'
CORREX FUN JET
plans on here somewhere
Nov 22, 2012, 03:54 AM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup
CORREX FUN JET
plans on here somewhere
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1727654

Interesting....

Nov 22, 2012, 04:27 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
fpvnick's Avatar
how about a multiplex xeno?
Nov 22, 2012, 04:46 AM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick
how about a multiplex xeno?
I've read a lot about them and they seem very expensive if you use the power pack and the reviews from owners aren't that great. LOVE the foldable design. The idea of the forward motor with a prop shaft is interesting but cloud be another source of vibration.

Liking that corex funjet idea, could be adapted to FPV easily with a slightly different 'fuselage' design. May give it a go once the Parkjet suffers from 'irreparable bad piloting'...
Nov 22, 2012, 04:55 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
fpvnick's Avatar
here is a pic of my old one going back a bit now didnt bother with the power pack as you say way over priced just stuck a motor and prop on the back. im sure you could make a removable centre section that just clipped on with all the fpv gear in it and then fol dit up great for travelling just a thought.
Nov 22, 2012, 05:02 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
I've read a lot about them and they seem very expensive if you use the power pack and the reviews from owners aren't that great. LOVE the foldable design. The idea of the forward motor with a prop shaft is interesting but cloud be another source of vibration.

Liking that corex funjet idea, could be adapted to FPV easily with a slightly different 'fuselage' design. May give it a go once the Parkjet suffers from 'irreparable bad piloting'...
Printed fuselage? :P. The slipstream is getting one.

CJ
Nov 22, 2012, 05:34 AM
Registered User
Hey guys, I'm looking for a multi copter to lift a 400ish Gram camera. Flamewheel f550 seems an option, any others I should look at? I've heard the 550 is a little too flexible. Would like something that won't take too much building as I have 2 planes to build and a tbs disco to put together. The disco probably won't lift the payload I've figured, plus i find it embarrassing after seeing Trappys attitude... Second hand is ok if anyone selling, also interested in a regular quad, or to pay someone to build the one I've got as I don't have the time at the moment... All advice welcome!
Nov 22, 2012, 05:39 AM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
.. May give it a go once the Parkjet suffers from 'irreparable bad piloting'...
Mine spiralled full speed into the ground =[

Luckily it was soft marsh so just burried and bent the nose.
It's quite tough!
Nov 22, 2012, 06:53 AM
Registered User
I know a couple of you were discussing the new Venturi FPV Wing from FlyingWings.co.uk on here last week. For those that are interested please see the build log which I created along with review. Here are a couple of early test flights to wet your appetite too. Early indications are that it's a worthy contender for the Zephyr 2 at almost half the price!

Build thread and more detail can be found here:

http://mjc70.blogspot.co.uk/

A few videos too. More to follow over the coming weeks.

More Venturi FPV Testing - Leicestershire UK - GoPro Hero 2 Footage Uncut (13 min 36 sec)


More Venturi FPV Testing - Leicestershire UK - Eagle Tree OSD Footage (13 min 35 sec)


Venturi FPV launch and climb out testing LOS - GoPro Hero 2 and Eagle Tree OSD footage (2 min 6 sec)
Nov 22, 2012, 07:01 AM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1970
I know a couple of you were discussing the new Venturi FPV Wing from FlyingWings.co.uk on here last week. For those that are interested please see the build log which I created along with review. Here are a couple of early test flights to wet your appetite too. Early indications are that it's a worthy contender for the Zephyr 2 at almost half the price!
Nice. Rob said he'd 'put one to one side' for me, I hope to go get it this week end.

Nov 22, 2012, 07:11 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
Nice. Rob said he'd 'put one to one side' for me, I hope to go get it this week end.

Cool, good luck with the build Wayno! It will be nice to see some more pictures/videos of others!

Enjoy!
Nov 22, 2012, 07:17 AM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Wayno Complaino's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1970
Cool, good luck with the build Wayno! It will be nice to see some more pictures/videos of others!

Enjoy!
Thanks, but don't expect it built right away! May I ask what batteries you used? I was hoping to run 2x 3s 2200 as the 1400kv motor I already have will work best with 3s and a 10x6 prop. From feedback the Zepher and Stelthwing struggle to balance without 4s batteries.
Nov 22, 2012, 07:32 AM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
Now then, damaged centre section removed.

Either smaller FPV wing...or a blunt nose with custom changeable centre section similar to blunt nose =P
Nov 22, 2012, 09:12 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
Thanks, but don't expect it built right away! May I ask what batteries you used? I was hoping to run 2x 3s 2200 as the 1400kv motor I already have will work best with 3s and a 10x6 prop. From feedback the Zepher and Stelthwing struggle to balance without 4s batteries.
I use 2 4S 2200's on mine. Have a look at the build log, it shows all the other kit I have used.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11619 Jun 18, 2017 09:50 AM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 107 Jan 26, 2017 12:41 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 19 Jan 31, 2016 02:37 PM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM