New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:02 AM
highviz is offline
Find More Posts by highviz
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
Nick Malcolm's right. Motors do spin up on start but I assumed that they kept going. More info.
Just edited my comments to try and make it clearer.

Malc
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:31 PM
fpvnick is offline
Find More Posts by fpvnick
My other vehicle is unmanned
fpvnick's Avatar
Cheers guys ok that makes more sence on my multi wii I configured the code so the motors don't spin when armed sounds like dji do things a little differently by configering the motor bar I can get all to spin up slowly.

I'm kind of thinking that windows 7 is doing something strange like trying to keep installing a driver or something and this cuts the link. I'll try manually reinstalling the USB driver again see if that helps.

I'll pop along on saterday dave thanks for the offer will bring laptop with me. It will be good to cach up with you guys again.

Who else is Comming along ? Mike James Wayne cj?

Cheers
Nick
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:06 PM
mudlark is offline
Find More Posts by mudlark
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
Cheers guys ok that makes more sence on my multi wii I configured the code so the motors don't spin when armed sounds like dji do things a little differently by configering the motor bar I can get all to spin up slowly.

I'm kind of thinking that windows 7 is doing something strange like trying to keep installing a driver or something and this cuts the link. I'll try manually reinstalling the USB driver again see if that helps.

I'll pop along on saterday dave thanks for the offer will bring laptop with me. It will be good to cach up with you guys again.

Who else is Comming along ? Mike James Wayne cj?

Cheers
Nick
I'll bring my lead and laptop.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:04 PM
fpvnick is offline
Find More Posts by fpvnick
My other vehicle is unmanned
fpvnick's Avatar
Cheers dave may not be needed! Seem to have sorted it for some reason when the gimbal servos are connected it freeks something out in the naza and the link gose intermittent. Remove the gimbal servo leads and it has a solid connection. Just going through checking out the settings from last night I think it's more or less ready apart from autopilot settings.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:46 PM
jimbo320 is offline
Find More Posts by jimbo320
Slopeaholic
jimbo320's Avatar
Hello UK FPV, just introducing myself to the FPV thread, looking to get myself an FPV set up added to my easy glider and do some FPV!
What set ups are you guys using and are they any good?
Cheers,
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:09 PM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Hello UK FPV, just introducing myself to the FPV thread, looking to get myself an FPV set up added to my easy glider and do some FPV!
What set ups are you guys using and are they any good?
Cheers,
I would talk to Simon at firstpersonview.co.uk
He will provide an insurance scheme suited for FPV and all the equipment you might need.
A good start would be the fatshark Dominators with a 600mW transmitter. quick dirty and good
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:41 PM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
wow

Hunter-Killer aerial Terminator, flying RC Model (2 min 3 sec)
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
mudlark is offline
Find More Posts by mudlark
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
Cheers dave may not be needed! Seem to have sorted it for some reason when the gimbal servos are connected it freeks something out in the naza and the link gose intermittent. Remove the gimbal servo leads and it has a solid connection. Just going through checking out the settings from last night I think it's more or less ready apart from autopilot settings.
Still some thing wrong there.
At some stage you'll have to have the gimbal servos connect so that you can adjust them.
I'll bring my laptop and lead any way
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:45 PM
BenLimeClouds is offline
Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
BenLimeClouds's Avatar
Just ordered myself a EzUHF kit from Simon Dale! :-)
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:07 PM
fpvnick is offline
Find More Posts by fpvnick
My other vehicle is unmanned
fpvnick's Avatar
Ok cheers the gimbal dose work but as you say would be better fine tuning it with them
Pluged in .
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
Aviefly is offline
Find More Posts by Aviefly
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Now this is what I need

Jeff
Man that thing is tough. Couldn't believe it when he started kicking it, the Mrs thought I was mad sitting chuckling to myself the only thing that could have made it any funnier is if he fell flat on his arse
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:59 AM
highviz is offline
Find More Posts by highviz
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Man that thing is tough. Couldn't believe it when he started kicking it, the Mrs thought I was mad sitting chuckling to myself the only thing that could have made it any funnier is if he fell flat on his arse
Yeah - rubbish pilot though. How many time did he miss that polystyrene target? I can hit things with my quad without even trying

Talking of which, does anybody have an excess stock of ccw 0845 props ? (the 8A type from here: http://www.giantshark.co.uk/pair-084...-p-406231.html

For some reason I always seem to break this prop and leave the cw props intact. They are dirt cheap, but it pains me to have an 8:1 ratio in my spares box! - Would love to swap 4 or 5 ccw props with anyone who habitually breaks the cw (8B) version ..

Malcolm
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:05 AM
mudlark is offline
Find More Posts by mudlark
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Yeah - rubbish pilot though. How many time did he miss that polystyrene target? I can hit things with my quad without even trying

Talking of which, does anybody have an excess stock of ccw 0845 props ? (the 8A type from here: http://www.giantshark.co.uk/pair-084...-p-406231.html

For some reason I always seem to break this prop and leave the cw props intact. They are dirt cheap, but it pains me to have an 8:1 ratio in my spares box! - Would love to swap 4 or 5 ccw props with anyone who habitually breaks the cw (8B) version ..

Malcolm
I'll have a look but I'm now using BEVRC carbon ones. A hell of a lot more money but last alot longer. But not if you crash a lot. In fact I put an old set on my TBS Disco and had a great first test flight. It wasn't till a few days later when I noticed one of the blades was drooping. Had a closer look at it and I was amazed to see that it was cracked though at the hub. It took a load of effort to manage to snap it off. In hindsight I should of wicked in a load of thin CA. I'm sure it would of been fine.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:56 AM
StealthWorkx is offline
Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
What was that...
StealthWorkx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz View Post
Yeah - rubbish pilot though. How many time did he miss that polystyrene target? I can hit things with my quad without even trying

Talking of which, does anybody have an excess stock of ccw 0845 props ? (the 8A type from here: http://www.giantshark.co.uk/pair-084...-p-406231.html

For some reason I always seem to break this prop and leave the cw props intact. They are dirt cheap, but it pains me to have an 8:1 ratio in my spares box! - Would love to swap 4 or 5 ccw props with anyone who habitually breaks the cw (8B) version ..

Malcolm
i'll check the stores when i get home
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:09 PM
ChilternFlyer is online now
Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Still flying a desk..
ChilternFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
Cheers dave may not be needed! Seem to have sorted it for some reason when the gimbal servos are connected it freeks something out in the naza and the link gose intermittent. Remove the gimbal servo leads and it has a solid connection. Just going through checking out the settings from last night I think it's more or less ready apart from autopilot settings.
Are you using cheap digital servos (Corona's or HK types) ??
If so I'm wondering if they are taking out the power supply.
The only reason I say this is it has happened to me and it made my DOSD go mad.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11331 Nov 21, 2016 11:08 PM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 98 Jul 21, 2016 03:14 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 19 Jan 31, 2016 03:37 PM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 03:13 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM