Thread Tools
Jun 10, 2010, 02:38 AM
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Discussion

Night Fury : Dragon ornithopter


I am making Night Fury (Cinema: How to train your Dragon - Hiccup and Toothless ).

I am assembling it now.

Look more details
---> http://homepage2.nifty.com/smark/NFuryE.html
Last edited by Kazu-kaku; Jul 18, 2011 at 08:39 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2010, 03:19 AM
Caw! Caw!
alaskanime's Avatar
I can't wait to see it airborne, Dr. Kakuta. I humbly ask, how do you make sure the ornithopter is properly balanced before you fly it - both in terms of components and in terms of the sculpting process?
Jun 10, 2010, 03:37 AM
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanime
I can't wait to see it airborne, Dr. Kakuta. I humbly ask, how do you make sure the ornithopter is properly balanced before you fly it - both in terms of components and in terms of the sculpting process?
As for Night Fury, structure resembles Banshee.
Refer to experience in Banshee, I am making Night Fury.
And Trial and error is all.
Jun 10, 2010, 05:30 AM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
I can't wait see it too. I sure it's going to look close to the "real" thing.
Jun 10, 2010, 09:42 PM
My tongue is a multi-meter!
FlapHappy's Avatar
It is looking great! I really like the Banshee and can't wait to see your flight videos.
Jun 11, 2010, 10:12 AM
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar

In a process


In a process

I set motor, ESC, Servo, New GLDAB
A framework of a wing finished.
Jun 11, 2010, 01:28 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Mr. Kazu,

are the wings foam or the same material you used with the banshee?
Jun 11, 2010, 03:03 PM
There's magic in those wings !
khaled_abobakr's Avatar
Hi G-LO ...

Edited for correction ...

I think what is shown in the photos are just a paper template to properly align the CF rods, and the original wing will be made after that ... just a guess I'm not sure though

Khaled
Jun 11, 2010, 03:05 PM
There's magic in those wings !
khaled_abobakr's Avatar
Hi Dr Kakuta

Very original flyer indeed... I can see that you have developed a new ferrule a new design and also new material I suppose .. can you please elaborate more about the new ferrule ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
Jun 11, 2010, 06:06 PM
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
Mr. Kazu,
are the wings foam or the same material you used with the banshee?
White paper is a plan of a wing.
I put Orconfilm on a wing from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr
Hi Dr Kakuta
Very original flyer indeed... I can see that you have developed a new ferrule a new design and also new material I suppose .. can you please elaborate more about the new ferrule ??
Thanks a lot
Khaled
Ferrule is the same thing as Chaoyangopterus8-9 (OD6mmID4mm AluminumPipe) and Banshee7-11 (OD6mmID4mm AluminumPipe).
Last edited by Kazu-kaku; Jun 13, 2010 at 05:20 PM.
Jun 11, 2010, 10:34 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Thank you Mr. Kazu
Jun 13, 2010, 09:48 AM
Registered User
n553302's Avatar
Hello Kazu-kaku
The frame work on the Night Fury is obviously constructed of carbon fiber.
Would you please disclose the thickness of the sheet you are using??
Thanks for posting your efforts. Keeps the forum interesting.
Jun 13, 2010, 10:43 AM
K Kakuta
Kazu-kaku's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by n553302
Hello Kazu-kaku
The frame work on the Night Fury is obviously constructed of carbon fiber.
Would you please disclose the thickness of the sheet you are using??
Thanks for posting your efforts. Keeps the forum interesting.
Orcon film

http://www.kitebuilder.com/catalog/p...4c423c8896118d

http://ecom.citystar.com/hang-em-hig...=show&cat=FILM

I cannot measure thickness of Orcon with the measure which I have.
Less than 0.05mm
Last edited by Kazu-kaku; Jun 13, 2010 at 10:53 AM.
Jun 13, 2010, 11:41 AM
My tongue is a multi-meter!
FlapHappy's Avatar
Dr. Kakuta, I believe he is asking how thick is the carbon fiber body.
By scaling off of the photos, it looks like 1 mm for the main body and 2 mm for the spar hinge. Is this correct?
Jun 13, 2010, 01:15 PM
Registered User
KOROBELNIK's Avatar
Kazu,
Bravo for all your latest creations.
Congratulations to your son who is with you and record your flights
In what store you buy the Aluminium gear? (Main gear:0.5M 72T Aluminium spur gear) ?
Best regards
Robert Korobelnik


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV plus LED's plus NIGHT equals FPV NIGHT COMBAT theothercliff FPV Talk 25 Apr 24, 2011 11:00 AM
Discussion Why is this night different from every other night? Michael in Toronto Life, The Universe, and Politics 17 Apr 01, 2010 01:42 PM
Discussion Friday Night Fury Flyntrd SLMAC and RC Park (Arizona) 64 Jul 22, 2009 04:32 PM
Video Friday Night Fury Videos dougkaye Car Talk 0 Jul 11, 2009 10:26 PM