Jun 09, 2010, 05:15 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Battery Issue...Reversed polarity? Charger Issue? Power supply issue? IDK ! Help!!

My issue is my lipo battery... it bulged. It's a StarMax Lipo battery and was charged with a StarMax balance charger. Chargers instructions was when it's plugged in both green and red light will stay on while charging then when its done the green light turns off...well after 2-3 hours of monitoring the battery, nothing changed. So I unplugged it and the balance charger was hot. The battery stayed cool however. So why did it bulge? I know it's no longer useful. Anyone know why this happened?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2010, 05:46 PM
My first guess would be that it was discharged too far. Do you know how low it went?
Jun 09, 2010, 06:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H.
My first guess would be that it was discharged too far. Do you know how low it went?
Nope, the balance charger has no digital readings just two lights a green and a red.
Jun 09, 2010, 08:50 PM
Not much help to you now but get rid of that charger. Replace it with something that will tell you what is really going on. Almost any balance charger with a 2 line readout is better that those chargers with only a light to indicate charging/charged.

For instance:
http://www.fmadirect.com/detail.htm?...360&section=45

Glen
Jun 09, 2010, 09:42 PM
The battery was over discharged. So it got damaged in the process.
Sorry, time for a new battery pack. It might have damaged the charger too. But hard to say. Like already mentioned a better charger with a display is worth it in the long run.

Quick Reply