This thread is privately moderated by BladeHead, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 08, 2010, 07:44 PM
Flick lives
Thread OP
Discussion

My new MIG-15 EDF

Just wanted to comment about the durability of my brand-new H-L MIG-15. It has to be unsurpassed in crash-worthiness in order to survive 8 of my 9 unsuccessful hand-launches before breaking it's back. I've attached a pic of the pranged airframe AND my resulting mods! I'm very excited about my highly-modded MIG which yields these benefits:
  • No more overheated LiPo's
  • No nasty surprises with handling characteristics
  • No touchy CG issues
  • Lands with a satisfying "thud"
  • Gets all the looks at the flying field
  • Depending on your throwing arm, will fly higher and glide longer than the stock airframe

I'll have PDF plans up on my blog, soon! (I also want to mention that I LOVE my two other models from H-L... My Waco bipe and my desert camo F-15 Aggressor).

Hey, like the man said...If you didn't laugh, you'd cry.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2010, 12:52 PM
Brooklynite In Texas

congrats

when I realized what I was looking at ... It made my day, thanks
Jun 09, 2010, 02:13 PM
Ha ha, same here! Made me smile
Jun 09, 2010, 06:35 PM
Flick lives
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyman
when I realized what I was looking at ... It made my day, thanks
Hey, glad you liked it...How could you not? It's a solid performer.
Jun 09, 2010, 06:38 PM
Flick lives
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariube
Ha ha, same here! Made me smile
Great, Thanks!
Jun 16, 2010, 05:39 PM
Brooklynite In Texas

home

I am from Brooklyn N.Y the air force sent me here and I grew roots.

I was wondering we have a member in our club from jersey Dick Maus any chance you knew him he has been here just a few years.

Built anymore solid planes?
Jun 17, 2010, 01:17 PM
Flick lives
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyman
I am from Brooklyn N.Y the air force sent me here and I grew roots.

I was wondering we have a member in our club from jersey Dick Maus any chance you knew him he has been here just a few years.

Built anymore solid planes?
Sorry, never heard of him...Anyway, I'm in South Jersey 'n that would be up "nawth." I think I need a passport to travel up there.

Haven't built more solid planes yet, but I'm working on a new design. Gonna name it "Iron Eagle."
Aug 01, 2010, 01:44 PM
In a world of ultra light foam and micro grams of measurements, it's great to see someone not brick himself about it

Kinda handy thing to have on hand for a Friday night in some parts of the world.
May 14, 2011, 03:51 PM
Watt Waster
Nice, and it looks like one of the popular cartoon jets some build out of thin foam board on purpose. You planning on doing anything like that?

Quick Reply