Dec 29, 2010, 02:47 PM
Just ordered a DX6i for my Champ, will it bind with the onboard receiver equipment??
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2010, 03:01 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by asboss
Just ordered a DX6i for my Champ, will it bind with the onboard receiver equipment??
If everything is working right it well..
Dec 29, 2010, 03:47 PM
Insert comment here:
Quote:
Here is a quick guide

Turn on DX6i and program it: Model name, model number, make sure all the servos set to 0

Turn DX6i off

Plus the battery in the plane, the red light inside the plane will start blinking.

Power DX6i while holding trainer switch

Done
Dec 29, 2010, 04:11 PM
cheers guys :-)
Dec 29, 2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy
I can fly a stock champ with the 808 camera underneath just fine. Case and all. Just velcro'd it at about the COG. I didn't pull any high G manuvers though. Just slow and high up. Happy Flying. Lee
If you can mount the camera right on the CG it actually helps the Champ to fly better as it has gained 40% more weight (not sure the weight of stock 808 camera) and it cuts through a slight wind much better. What I don't like is the flight control surfaces and fairly weak attach points of the control horn start to stress from the added weight. The plane's all up weight is 38 grams and the camera is about 18. Not sure if the manufacturer envisioned The Champ to carry such a huge load (48% of its stock AUW!).
At any rate, lugging the camera around often also "helps" to decrease the stock motor's lifespan. I say "help" because it helps you to mod sooner rather than later!
Dec 29, 2010, 04:40 PM
Keychain Camera HobbyZone Champ Switzerland Cornfield School Oct 2010 (2 min 11 sec)

In this video I'm trying to climb as fast as she'll let me but no speed record here...
Dec 29, 2010, 05:28 PM
Insert comment here:
The Leabres,

Oh wow you Champ edition flux capacitor must be working great…
Do you still have to hit 88MPH to travel in time???

JK…

Cool Video
Dec 29, 2010, 06:06 PM
Enough Power? -NEVER ENOUGH!
i have been thinking of a way to relice something from this plane.

idea 1: have some velcrow on the bottom and when you do something high G it would fall off

idea 2: have a device or something that is slaved to the servo so when you go full left or right or up/down it could let something go
Dec 29, 2010, 06:09 PM
Elfi Flyer
Quote:
Mine did!!

The DX6i and the Champ are a great combination. Follow the directions Totalywicked has posted, especially the part about pre-programming the DX6i to a specific plane, (probably model 1 in your case), 0 trim settings. Then do the quick and easy bind procedure as described.

The stock transmitter is OK, the DX6i offers so much more, in range, adjustments, and most importantly, control input resolution (1024?) compared to the stock transmitter.

Good luck

RD
Dec 29, 2010, 06:38 PM
Insert comment here:
Yeah dual rates…. Love it
0 – Nice and relaxing
1 – Bring on CHAMOROBICS….
Dec 29, 2010, 07:00 PM
Elfi Flyer
Yes, I forgot, dual rates. I don't use dual rates on the Champ, but definitely do for the UM P-51 Mustang, which BTW is flown off the same DX6i transmitter pictured above. I might have a tad (20% ? ) of expo on the elevator of the Champ, but can't recall. Will have to check the transmitter!

For flying in windy conditions, the Champ makes all the other popular micro flyers (J-3 Cub, P-51 Mustang, Ember/Vapor, Playmate, Albatros) look like chumps! Can't blieve I haven't snapped a wing.........yet!

RD
Dec 29, 2010, 07:15 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hog Pen
Does that mean I can expect my AC/DC charging adapter soon?
Man I checked my hangar and the wall chargers are gone I think I let sometwo (not someONE - LOL) borrow a couple and never got them back. My apologies.
Dec 29, 2010, 07:23 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
Yes, I forgot, dual rates. I don't use dual rates on the Champ, but definitely do for the UM P-51 Mustang, which BTW is flown off the same DX6i transmitter pictured above. I might have a tad (20% ? ) of expo on the elevator of the Champ, but can't recall. Will have to check the transmitter!

For flying in windy conditions, the Champ makes all the other popular micro flyers (J-3 Cub, P-51 Mustang, Ember/Vapor, Playmate, Albatros) look like chumps! Can't blieve I haven't snapped a wing.........yet!

RD
I was flying mine today on skis.. Would of been even more fun if I would of actually had to slide on the snow to take off and land.. As it was takes offs were about 1' and landing 6". Unless I forced her to stay down... But yes little Champ handles the wind very nicely.. One nice thing about skis is that they will dig in and keep her from sliding backwards or me having to hold 1/4 throttle to keep her in place like I would have to if on wheels.. 30F breezy got 16 minutes flights doing touch and goes..
Dec 29, 2010, 07:32 PM
Build, Fly, Crash, repeat
Quote:

RD
Well hello neighbor! Just noticed your not too far from me. Im about 45 min. left of Charlotte, and not far from Gastonia
Dec 29, 2010, 09:24 PM
Go Ugly Early
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62
Man I checked my hangar and the wall chargers are gone I think I let sometwo (not someONE - LOL) borrow a couple and never got them back. My apologies.
No worries...I'm about to buy a nice charger, and all the goodies that go with it...thanks anyway!

Quote:
Can't believe I haven't snapped a wing.........yet!

RD
You're not trying hard enough.

Quick Reply