What Did YOU Get For Father's Day? - RC Groups
Jun 15, 2003, 01:40 AM
GRAVITY... Just Say NO!

What Did YOU Get For Father's Day?

My kids couldn't wait any longer, and called me up to come home. I cut short my flying tonight so they could give me my Father's Day gift.

See, a few weeks back I had strategically placed some ads around the house to subtly hint at what I wanted. I was floored when I actually received it!

I got a Noth American Top Gun flight package!!!! This coming July I will get to pilot a real T-6 Texan! I can hardly wait!

The package they send you is really cool. It comes with an authentic reprint of the Texanís pilot handbook, a nice certificate, and some brochures. The super ace package comes with an in flight video and aerobatics. I just hope I donít get sick. Lol!

Can you tell Iím excited?

You can all envy me now.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2003, 10:04 AM
Giddy up!
So far I got the best wake up call one could ask for. They all ran in to wake me up climbing all over me and kissing me. That's all I need...

Happy Fathers Day to all!
Jun 15, 2003, 10:11 AM
I got a nice wake-up call too...... before the kids woke up.

Then they gave me one of those mini wind speed gauges. Darn nice gadget, and something I wouldn't have bought for myself.
Jun 15, 2003, 10:11 AM
No doubt Sal, enjoy those days.....they flee quickly. happy fathers day all
Jun 15, 2003, 10:26 AM
Sloping off....
I had tickets for the Status Quo gig (about three miles away from here in the forest) next weekend. It'll be a bit different from the last time I saw them twenty five years ago at the Manchester Apollo. I could have just opened the windows to hear them I suppose, but it'll be nice to be there.

Happy Father's Day to dads everywhere.

Brian
Jun 15, 2003, 12:08 PM
Motley crewmember
I got 2 hours flying my Alfa P-51 and Electron 400 in a local field
and................
A Jeep SUV pulled up, a beautiful young woman got out,typical Florida tan and SHORT shorts, stood there watching the glider and said "oh you fly that so nice, it looks so peaceful I could sit here and watch it all morning", got back in and drove off!!!!!!!!
Oh and when I got home I got a phone call from my beautiful daughter.
Life is very good.
Jun 15, 2003, 12:21 PM

Same here Sal

My kids Erin 9, and Mitchell 7, made me a big breakfast --biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, the works and then presented me with a Porter Cable 50 piece set with drill bits, hex bits, spade bits, etc. Later the whole family is going to a park and I'm going to watch my kids launch their Estes rockets. I'm enjoying this because I know there will come a time when I can't buy a weekend with my kids.

Wishing all other dads a great day too
Jun 15, 2003, 12:32 PM
Suspended Account
Unfortunately I have another week left in the Navy until I move down with my wife and kids, so I didn't get any cool parent time. But I've been authorized to spend some money...

The only bad part is nobody's open on sunday and I can't figure what I want anyway....

Paul
Jun 15, 2003, 01:17 PM
S.A.D Member

Fathers day

Got to speak to my kids in South Africa..

Got to make the household here breakfast..........

but i got this and built it and flown it once already

it MOVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EPP 480 POWERED RAFALE

Have a excellany day dads

The Gooseman
Jun 15, 2003, 01:54 PM
I have done the T-6 Texan flight and let me tell you its a blast! I still have the video and the pictures.
Jun 15, 2003, 01:59 PM
Nuthin',,,,,,,,,,but all I want is my beloved San Antonio Spurs to win the whole thing tonight.

My son is 15 months old so he doesn't know much yet. I only got the wife a rose and card for mother's day,,,she's the type that will only get something for me if I get something for her. No bitterness,,,,,,,,,,,just want my Spurs to WIN, that's gift enough.

Jun 16, 2003, 08:10 AM
I got a 17 foot sail boat and a Coach wallet. My wife, I and my younger son (age 25) sailed all day and went out for a nice dinner.

Great Father's Day! Gil
Jun 16, 2003, 08:54 AM
BANNED!!!
I got 2 good flights on the flash 8, 1 good flight on the Nike (ended with a broken tail) after that I got...

1. Father's day song from my oldest son (3 yo)
2. Breakfast with the inlaws (a good time)
3. Nap
4. Assorted toiletries.
5. Saw my son dress up as a dinosaur.
6. Foot Rub

Probably one of the best Father's day I have ever had. Not a big todo over me, which I like.
Jun 16, 2003, 10:55 AM
My wife and son bought me a portable, electic cooler. Now, I can enjoy cold soda or water at the field. They took the time to ensure that I could operate it off of a 12V source (my field battery).

After that, we went to an airshow and watched the Blue Angels.

Great day!

-Ben
Jun 16, 2003, 02:55 PM
ArcherAce,

I have taken the NATG ride myself. See my avatar.

Before the flight the pilot and I talked about my flying
experience both 1:1 and models. From wheels up to
final he let me fly. We would talk through the moves beforehand
and then I would do them. We did rolls both flat and barrel, loops and some spins.

I also found that 4 gees sitting straight up w/ no g-suit was worse than the 7 gees I have pulled in an F-16.

A very good time.

It is a little wierd when they tell you the bailout procedures
and you think to yourself whoa I might have to use this.

The only downside is that I never new how hot the front
cockpit of an AT-6 was. By the end of the flight which
was mostly canopy closed due to the aerobatics I was drenched and panting. This was at 8 AM on a spring morning. In july in Ohio bring a sponge.

I asked the pilot how they did long trips. He told me that they maxed out the altitude and/or flew with the canopy cracked open
and just dealt with the loss in fuel economy and top speed.

Dave
Last edited by The Other Dave; Jun 16, 2003 at 02:59 PM.