This thread is privately moderated by shigetyann, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 07, 2010, 09:48 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

FSK Zero-Fighter complete? flight

This model was finished about 5 years ago.
This FSK Zero-Fighter is my first attempt to build up 400 class form scale airplane.
At the maiden flight an editor publishing RC magazine in Japan came over.

Before I bought this, a rumor about FSKs FW-190 had been great of its style and easy flight.
Actually FSK Zero-Fighter seemed to have very high potential in the first glance when I opened the kit box.
Parts gave me power-full imagination and energy to create some extra gimmicks: differential moving main landing gears, retractable rear gear and release a jettisonable tank.
Those gimmicks are rare even in the big nitro planes, over .60 cubic inch engines.
Also I made up the cockpit as precise as possible.
Evolution of Blushless motor and Lipo battery for R/C model after 2002 made us easy to fly the same performance as super scale big models.

This plane was introduced in RC magazine in april 2005 in Japan.
Im pretty proud of my FSK Zero-Fighter.
Please enjoy the video. You might have mistaken this as if a big plane.

FSK model Zero-Fighter 零戦 Mitsubishi A6M5 with gimmics (5 min 46 sec)
Last edited by shigetyann; Jun 08, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2010, 09:43 PM
Some epoxy & it flies again...
Absolutely gorgeous model, all these details, I love it.
I had a GWS Zero once and flew it a lot. But that was nothing compared to yours. This one is just beautiful.
The cockpit is a show by itself. Congratulations !
Great movie too.
Jun 08, 2010, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
Thanks a lot Low Pass for your great comments.

I wonder tiny planes don’t have demerit compare to big ones, except the sensitivity of wind.
Lipo battery and brushless motor make us free from the limit of the model size
Big planes used to have advantage of power weight ratio.
Now the size of planes isn’t a problem for fly and more for stunts.
The tiny ones have got enough power weight ratios.

We have entered in the wonderful epoch!
Latest blog entry: My Macchi-M67 oing on!
Jun 08, 2010, 09:54 AM
shigetyann,
I actually started with batteries and missed out on the gas engine era. I always wanted to get into RC planes since my youth but never had the time for it. Now I enjoy it to make my own foamies or tune up others.
Yes, we live in a wonderful epoch.
Jun 10, 2010, 08:47 AM
Thread OP
To Low pass
BTW I've not tried EDF jet models.
A category of jet is the final genre I've not tried yet.
Actually EDF's unit paformance has been developing especially in last years.
I'll start to try EDF jet in several years. I've already decided a model. This is the one of my top secrets. In some day, I'll open it this blog.

Thanks.
Jun 11, 2010, 12:27 PM
shigetyann,
I have some EDFs and my avatar shows my first own design. It turned out pretty good. You'll have to keep it as light as possible because EDFs are still inefficient compared to props, they use double the power. In the moment I'm preparing new design, top secret here ;-).
I'm looking forward to yours. Now I'm visiting some friends and we'll go to the big airplane museum today. I think I'll get some inspirations for the next projects.

Stefan
Jun 16, 2010, 11:14 AM
Thread OP
Thank you Stefan.
I'm going to make a tiny EDF plane at first. Its weight is about 300 gr. My goal at present is an EDF jet plane that has retractable main wings. The retractable wing kit has already been here. The real jet is well known in the world. Some of my RC frienda are enthusiasts of EDF planes. I believe they'll help me to get the complete maiden flight. The only problem is many kits have been in line, before start to make it . orz!
Jul 01, 2010, 07:39 PM
That is one fantastic model shigetyann! Quick question, who makes the "skinny" foam wheels and tires (or where did you get them)? I have a zero I just finished and I'd like to get my hands on a set of those. Thanks!
Jul 02, 2010, 08:03 AM
Thread OP
Thanks resotek.
Quick res. (^^ゞ
I choiced light weight sponge type and its diameter is 40mm.
The maker's name is TETTRA. TETTRA is one of the most popular parts and kits maker in Japan.
If you contact shops below you may get this. And these URL are

Internet shop rakuten
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hobinavi/4947701011088/

Radicon net Shop CHAMP (Radicon is a dialect of 'Radio controlled' in Japan)
http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/net-store/...&cPath=778_779

I worry about upper these shops are written in Japanese. If so you may not read what they say. orz.

If so, contact me again.

Quick Reply