Jun 14, 2003, 11:47 PM
Thread OP

What to do with this?

Hi to all of you guys..i ahve two little planes from Robbe.Free Flight ..old models...and i dont know what to do with them...

i would like to convert them to rc so i already started building one of them...the V-tail version...i would like the to be like a trainer...you know...slow..stable...not for any kind of arobatics..i sdince im a begginer on this and have some hour in sims..i would like to learn with this planes...so here are some pics
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2003, 11:50 PM
Thread OP
Another
Jun 14, 2003, 11:51 PM
Put an IPS-DXa in it. Then set up all neccasary radio equipment and it would be great!

-Alex
Jun 14, 2003, 11:53 PM
Thread OP
Some specs

Wingspan 39.3 in
Wing area 163 sq in
Lenght 25 in
Airfoil Jedelsky type
Weight 5 oz (Rough guess, without equipment)

i amde the slot in the fuse to stuff the equipment

2 hitec hs 50 servos
Gws R4p receiver

Motor?
Jun 14, 2003, 11:54 PM
Thread OP
Here you can se that the fuse has a hole in the nose to add some ballast
Jun 14, 2003, 11:55 PM
Thread OP
has i said..jedelsky airfoil...constructed with a molded balsa LE and a balsa sheet as TE.
Jun 14, 2003, 11:56 PM
Thread OP
Heres the pic
Jun 14, 2003, 11:58 PM
Thread OP
V-tail mount...i added some strips of meat tray fam to make the elevator-rudder
Jun 15, 2003, 12:00 AM
Thread OP
This is a pic form the packaging...it looks like an old model...my sister got it for me in MAdrid, Spain....its from robbe modellsport...imported to spain by "Model Import" and brought to me by my sister

the name of this model is Piranha
Jun 15, 2003, 12:01 AM
Thread OP
Here's the opther model..waiting to be modified...depending on the results of the V.tail version....

this model is named Gavilan...some kind of hawk
Jun 15, 2003, 12:02 AM
Yep IPS A gearing, and mabye some 250 or 700 2cell etec lipolys.
Jun 15, 2003, 12:04 AM
Thread OP
Here's how they come packaged

sorry about the error in my writng..i'm not that good in english

Well..that's all the pics i have for noe...i hope this gives all of you a good idea of what i want to do with this little planes..

And thanks for your help and comments
Jun 15, 2003, 12:07 AM
Thread OP
Im thinking to mount the motor on top of the wing...a removable motor mount...so in the future i could change the wings between this two models....

Do you think a GWS 280 DD would work?

By the way..thanks for your comments Alex and Ryan
Jun 15, 2003, 12:20 AM
I would put the motor up front, not on the wing. One reason you should have it on the nose is, the motor would have to be vary, very high off the wing, 10"-11" in order to get clearance. Also, the GWS IPS "A" gearing is going to be the motor you will want for this. The 280 is just a little too big. Also this being a trainer, you won't want it to be too overpowered. I would use Hitec HS-55 servos or GWS Naro series, good luck with the project, keep us updated!

-Alex
Jun 15, 2003, 01:51 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for your advice Alex....

Quick Reply