Jun 03, 2010, 10:43 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Thread OP
Yippee!

Extreme RC's CNC Alloy 64-127mm Ducted Fans & Jet models discussion thread

This thread is for discussing setups for our Extreme RC ALLOY Fans & the new 127mm DYNAMAX & RAMTEC Fan setups & combos

First up the Alloy fans:Our 70, 90, 100 & 120mm units are available in various configurations right now with more exciting things to come in the large fan setups and our 64mm also in testing phase, hopefully ready by mid August.

Our housings are Taiwanese precision CNC machined & polished aircraft grade alloy units made for us by skyworld and come with a vented motor cover.

Included is a German made Dynamically balanced Wemotec GRP Rotor & shaft adapter set resulting in a superb high performance fan unit!

Also available in 70 & 90mm are our Extreme RC Schubeler Combos which feature Hand made DS31 or DS51 Carbon fibre rotors with our CNC Alloy housing set.

You can find the fans HERE All pricing is in AUD.

For those wanting a super hot 70mm fan setup take a look at the Extreme Alloy fan & ARC 2858 combo.
We have been running one of the new 70mm CNC Alloy Wemotec version fans with an ARC2858-1 on 6s3300mah 40c packs, this combo runs at 1900 watts and produces 57,000rpm for 2.5+kg static thrust and an efflux of 360kmh!!
EXTREME RC AUSTRALIA - Extreme ALLOY 70mm Fan with Efflux (1 min 18 sec)

Very careful balancing is required to maintain reliability but the wemotec rotor can handle 60K rpm comfortably.

For a super hot 90mm setup look no further than the Extreme Alloy fan and ARC 3665 or 3675 combos.
Running the 1 wind on 8 cells gets you well over 4kg of thrust with only battery performance affecting the exact power output.
Running the 1.5 wind on 12 cells is insane, I couldnt even get max measurements with my old scales but I have nice new 30kg scales here now and will be re-testing all the hot combos asap. Initial tests showed 44,500+rpm on the Midi at 3500 watts and I think there is more to come
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Jul 28, 2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: title update
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2010, 11:41 PM
Speed Demon
Nice looking fans!

This forum is getting really interesting lately with all the new fan developments that one can just purchase. What a change from years gone by.
Jun 03, 2010, 11:48 PM
Suspended Account
this isnt a new development, its just one companies rotors inside anothers shroud..hardly groundbreaking.
Jun 04, 2010, 12:18 AM
what it do everybody?
looks like a rclander housing, but in silver
Jun 04, 2010, 12:25 AM
Suspended Account
look more like a skyworld shroud.. just with either a wemo or schubeler rotor in it..
like i said, hardly groundbreaking..
Jun 04, 2010, 12:35 AM
what it do everybody?
here's a 70mm lander housing

Jun 04, 2010, 01:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonfly
this isnt a new development, its just one companies rotors inside anothers shroud..hardly groundbreaking.
Did I say it was groundbreaking??? Please keep your trolling to yourself, 5 posts and you are already reported in the other thread where you started attacking posters.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1218023&page=4
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
Jun 04, 2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
look more like a skyworld shroud.. just with either a wemo or schubeler rotor in it..
like i said, hardly groundbreaking..
They are Skyworld housings. The stock 8 blade rotor will take 1200 watts before you balance it. The 7 blade 90mm rotors are actually very nice.
The stock rotors draw more amps, but the sound is great. We have no issues with the amp draw. I understand the new hoaye 6 blade rotor is more efficient.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Jun 04, 2010, 05:01 AM
my brother's keeper
Great work Mark, any wonder your setups are the best!! looking forward to hearing more about this and how some of your clients go with there setups in different models!!
Jun 04, 2010, 05:02 AM
my brother's keeper
Quote:
awww chin up buckeroo!! with more practice you can make it with the human race!! not long now and you shall walk on two legs with the rest of us!!
Jun 04, 2010, 05:50 AM
Suspended Account
I walk fine.. But I cant abide those who crow about how good they are and claim products as "theirs" when its just two products from differnet vendors jammed together..
Its not even OEM really, its just hack work..
Jun 04, 2010, 06:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC
They are Skyworld housings. The stock 8 blade rotor will take 1200 watts before you balance it. The 7 blade 90mm rotors are actually very nice.
The stock rotors draw more amps, but the sound is great. We have no issues with the amp draw. I understand the new hoaye 6 blade rotor is more efficient.
As it says in the first post, they are skyworld housings, obviously no one bothers to read, too busy thinking of ways to bash the little guy down.

The skyworld 8 blade plastic coffee stirrer is not available from us so no point in talking about it or trying to push your own product in another sponsors thread, its just bad form Gary...

The Stock skyworld 90mm rotor is a Haoye rotor which I worked with almost 3 years ago when flyfly supplied them in all their kits, (ie topgun to you) and they are no different today than they were back then. I started the Midifan rotor swapout with flyfly kits, something which has been copied by many others since because its a better setup. A midi sounds great too when well set up, you only have to watch the numerous videos showing it in action.
Jun 04, 2010, 10:18 AM
What is a ballpark estimate for shipping a fan unit to the USA?
Jun 04, 2010, 10:51 AM
I just purchased a JP-1000 (100mm) unit here in the states, and I'm waiting to receive it.
These look like very nice EDF's for the money.
What rotor comes standard in the 100mm?
What upgrades (if any) should I consider?
I'll be running it on 10s with a 45mm 1000kv inrunner.
Jun 04, 2010, 06:20 PM
Thread OP
The only rotors the factory has available for the 100 & 120mm housings is the Haoye one, while they can be balanced up and run I feel there is better to be had, until I get things under test conditions I wont make any wild claims...

Quick Reply