Jun 03, 2010, 01:16 PM
AMYA 10Rater Class Secretary
Thread OP
Discussion

Footy Regatta 6/26 2010 - Mystic WoodenBoat Show

New England Footy Skippers, here's a chance to have some fun racing and to promote your favorite class!

We have been invited for the second year to have a Footy event at the WoodenBoat Show in Mystic, Connecticut. We were great partners last year, and WoodenBoat since then featured Footys by my Italian friend Flavio in their magazine.

The event will be Saturday, June 26, from 2:00 - 4:30pm. Registration will open at 1:00, and Skippers' Meeting will be at 1:45.

We will have a combination of racing and spectator interaction. Last year, spectators were so interested in talking with skippers and trying out boats that we didn't get much racing done! That was great, but this year we will have a more disciplined approach to make sure there's time for both.

Trophies will be awarded based on the number of boats participating.

There is no charge to race, but you will have to pay the admission price for the show. Unfortunately, that's contolled by the Mystic folks and out of WoodenBoat's control. Of course, that admission gets you into a great show as well as a fun Footy race, so plan to spend the day.

Skippers will be allowed to drive in to drop off equipment, if they arrive before 9:00am. After that, you'll have to carry your gear from the parking areas, so plan accordingly.

Preregistration is not required, but it would be nice, so I can get an idea how many boats we might have. Please contact me at 603-284-6642 or email billhagerup@hotmail.com. Because this is WoodenBoat, they prefer that we sail boats with wood hulls. If you can't come up with one, contact me...either I'll find one for you or make an exception.

This should be a lot of fun...it was a great time last year, so spread the word. I hope to see you all there.

Bill
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply