Thread Tools
Jun 03, 2010, 11:24 AM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Discussion

Western States Electric & Scale Masters Fun Fly Events (June 4-6, 2010)


For those of you living in or will be in Southern California this weekend (4-6 June), the Western States Electric fun Fly will be taking place at Apollo XI Field. There will be a great collection of EDF jets flying, as well as, flight demos of the new jets coming out later this year.

http://www.westernefly.com/

Edit - Also Scale Masters is being held at Prado Flying Field on 5-6 Jun.

http://www.pvmac.com/

Hope to see you there!

Best,
Tony
Last edited by xplaneguy; Jun 06, 2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Added Scale Master Event to thread
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2010, 11:44 AM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
j3tman's Avatar
make sure to take lots of pics and videos for us people not in the cali area

j3tman,
Jun 03, 2010, 11:55 AM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
I'll definitely have lots of pics to share but not video. I need to get a good HD video camera. I'm sure someone will have video. Muzik59?

Best,
Tony
Jun 03, 2010, 12:05 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
j3tman's Avatar
I would very much love to get an hd video camera but i keep spending my money on rc planes.

j3tman,
Jun 03, 2010, 12:08 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman
I would very much love to get an hd video camera but i keep spending my money on rc planes.

j3tman,
I hear ya! I just bought a home, so I've gotta hook up the crib before buying the video camera.

Best,
Tony
Jun 03, 2010, 12:18 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
j3tman's Avatar
Its got to look nice before mtv cribs comes over

j3tman,
Jun 03, 2010, 01:01 PM
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
yeah, wish we could come to this one tony, but were going to a scale event in chino. i wish i could do both events.

hey, i guess i just missed you by a couple minutes yesterday at smith bro's!
Jun 03, 2010, 02:32 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
yeah, wish we could come to this one tony, but were going to a scale event in chino. i wish i could do both events.

hey, i guess i just missed you by a couple minutes yesterday at smith bro's! :
Brent-Sorry we missed you. Made a quick stop to see what was new in the shop. Did you buy that Electrifly F-20 they had there?

Where is the Chino Event being held? We may swing by while we're down that way.

Best,
Tony
Last edited by xplaneguy; Jun 03, 2010 at 05:28 PM.
Jun 03, 2010, 02:39 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman
Its got to look nice before mtv cribs comes over

j3tman,
Actually, I really want to get the runway done and hangar finished, so friends and local pilots can join us for some fun flyin and hangar flyin!

Instead of a drive way full of exotic cars, we'll have a hangar filled with flying foam! Good times!

Best,
Tony
Jun 03, 2010, 02:48 PM
AEROBOT
muzik59's Avatar
Here I am....And of course I will get video and post it here for all of you pilots out there.
Hey Tony, now I know more or less your location. And when your done with the runway, invite me to your site for some fly time
Jun 03, 2010, 02:50 PM
AEROBOT
muzik59's Avatar
Chino is close to my location so, if we get the address, I'll stop by too.
Jun 03, 2010, 03:40 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik59
Here I am....And of course I will get video and post it here for all of you pilots out there.
Hey Tony, now I know more or less your location. And when your done with the runway, invite me to your site for some fly time
Sounds like a plan. It would be great to have you hang out for some fun flying and BBQ. I'm moving to Rosamond, CA about 20 miles west of Edwards AFB. The goal is to clear a 450 ft. long and 150 ft. wide piece of desert, smoothed out & leveled for a dirt strip for a main and crosswind runway by end of Summer.

Looks like we will hit both events this weekend. I'll wait to touch base with Pete to decide which event to hit on each day.

Attached, page 3 is the Scale Master Event info.

Field Directions:
http://www.pvmac.com/about-pvmac/pradofield.html

Best,
Tony
Last edited by xplaneguy; Jun 03, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
Jun 03, 2010, 07:47 PM
AEROBOT
muzik59's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Sounds like a plan. It would be great to have you hang out for some fun flying and BBQ. I'm moving to Rosamond, CA about 20 miles west of Edwards AFB. The goal is to clear a 450 ft. long and 150 ft. wide piece of desert, smoothed out & leveled for a dirt strip for a main and crosswind runway by end of Summer.

Looks like we will hit both events this weekend. I'll wait to touch base with Pete to decide which event to hit on each day.

Attached, page 3 is the Scale Master Event info.

Field Directions:
http://www.pvmac.com/about-pvmac/pradofield.html

Best,
Tony
Oh, Ok hopefully one day we get to fly at your crib. Find out with Pete and see where he'll be first. Thankz for the info..
Jun 03, 2010, 07:52 PM
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
tony, well be at prado field on saturday only. i suspect sat will be the best day for that event.

your own field! that would be cool!
Jun 03, 2010, 08:32 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
tony, well be at prado field on saturday only. i suspect sat will be the best day for that event.

your own field! that would be cool!
Brent-Are you and your dad flying at Prado?

Tony


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fly-In WSE (Western States Electric) Fun Fly Event, June 4-6 at Apollo XI Field Wind_of_Change Electric Flight Events 92 Jul 06, 2010 11:39 AM
Discussion Western States Electric Fun Fly June 5-7 2009 JasonP Electric Flight Events 0 May 07, 2009 02:05 AM
Discussion Western States Electric Fly is back june 5 to 7. bennyel Electric Flight Events 1 Apr 23, 2009 01:39 AM