Jun 02, 2010, 08:30 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Settings for CopterX transmitter

Good day all
I have recently purchase a CopterX CX 450SE V2 2.4GHz RTF T-rex Trex 450 450SE SE. I'm having some issues with the cx-ct6b computer transmitter. The principle problem is that when I use T6config software, and select the Heli-120 (as is recommended), my right joy stick doesn't work. I get the joystick to work I need to activate it in ACRO. I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and if they can identfity the correct settings for this transmitter?

Thanks a bunch.
Coco7
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2010, 05:31 PM
Looptastic!
try to set swash AFR all to 50% to begin with.
Jun 03, 2010, 10:07 PM
If it still does't work you can email me. And I will send you the standard set file so you can upload it to your tx, please note you may need to correct the reverse switch and trim accordingly. Hope his help.
Jun 08, 2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo
If it still does't work you can email me. And I will send you the standard set file so you can upload it to your tx, please note you may need to correct the reverse switch and trim accordingly. Hope his help.

Hi, i've recently bought a copterx cx500 se v2, copterx cx-ct6b and cx-cr6b from ehirobo. can u send me a standard set file for me to upload to my tx? Thx XD [email protected]
Jun 08, 2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menment
Hi, i've recently bought a copterx cx500 se v2, copterx cx-ct6b and cx-cr6b from ehirobo. can u send me a standard set file for me to upload to my tx? Thx XD [email protected]
Send. Please note you may need to set the subtrim, travel, reverse the servo, etc. accordingly to your heli and servo's.

Happy flying!
Jun 16, 2010, 10:38 AM
Hello!

I would be very glad if someone could send me this file. Ive messed up the settings for the CX-CT6B while trying to simulate :/

Send it to runar89[at]gmail.com if you have the chance

Ty!
Jul 06, 2010, 11:32 AM
Thread OP

Need a bit more Help with My CopterX

Hi everyone, I've some progress with my CopterX but still require a bit more assistance... Here are my questions:

1- I received the transmitter CX-CT6B and the software for the flight simulator FMS. I can see everything in the T6config software and have the green bars moving. Seems that windows won't recognize the transmitter as a joystick, no matter what I try! As anyone made this work with FMS or do I need another cable?

2- This question has to do with the Thro Curv, if I use the base configuration (EP0-0%, EP1-25%, EP2-50%, EP3-75%, EP4-100%), this means that when I flip the SW.A the heli goes immediately to 25% (this is with my left joystick completely down). When I have my left joystick completely up, the graphic shows that it is only at around 80%. Therefore it looks like I'm loosing something here, should I be able to have 0-100 (when it looks like I only have 25-80 meaning I am loosing around 45% sensitivity with the joystick).

3- My gyro is currently set at Delay and limit of 60, should I leave this or make some changes?

thanks
Coco7
Jul 06, 2010, 09:32 PM
1: The cable which come with the copterX RTF kit is for setup only. for FMS you need copterX pn (s002) similator cable.
2: Hum. this is strange. Did you set the end point to 100% both way for ch3?
3: For the limit the easiest way to set it is change the gyro to normal mode. move the rudder stick to the end point and set the limit to max without the linkage binding. Delay depend on what servo you use. If you are using a slower servo you may need to add some delay to stop tail hunt. If you are using a fast servo and you do not notice any tail hunt. you can set it to 0.

Happy flying!
Jul 06, 2010, 09:53 PM
>I received the transmitter CX-CT6B and the software for the flight simulator FMS. I can see everything in the T6config software and have the green bars moving. Seems that windows won't recognize the transmitter as a joystick, no matter what I try! As anyone made this work with FMS or do I need another cable?

You should be able to use the cable you have if you get the T6sim program here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1938

Worked great for me. It includes installation instructions. I used it for a couple of weeks but got sick of buying batteries for my transmitter, not to mention having to keep changing the settings when switching from the sim to the real heli. In the end I just bought a USB powered dummy transmitter from Deal Extreme for $23.00

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1168
Jul 10, 2010, 01:46 PM
Thread OP

More information but also more questions

Ok, I currently have my end-points at 100. I can move them to 120 (max) which does seem to move the lines a bit but not much. Do you think my transmitter might be defective. I don't want to jump to this conclusion as I am a newbie, but a friend of mine who has a T-Rex seems to think that this might be the case.

My other question is with regards to the headinghold of the gyro, how do I know that this is on? So far On my first trial the copterx spun out of control and crashed, but this was most probably due to the wrong settings in the transmitter! I must admit I'm getting a bit frustrated with this !!!!

Thanks for the assistance

Coco7
Jul 11, 2010, 10:20 PM
For the gyro. After the startup process the LED will try on (without stick input) when it is in HH mode or off when it is in normal mode. You can test it by adjusting the remote gain (VR(A)) on your tx.
Sep 13, 2010, 06:16 PM
Beginner cx450 cx-ct6b
Hello all,

First, sorry for my bad english (i'm dutch)

I just bought a Copterx 450 ME RTF with a CX-CT6B transmitter.
With these, i got the program t6config.
Stupid me, i click around in the program and the only thing my heli does now is full throttle stay at the ground...
Can someone send me a file to load with the original settings? Or maybe someone has settings that are even better. My mailadress is [email protected]

Thanx for helping me

Dutch (beginner) Harry
Sep 15, 2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Harry
Hello all,

First, sorry for my bad english (i'm dutch)

I just bought a Copterx 450 ME RTF with a CX-CT6B transmitter.
With these, i got the program t6config.
Stupid me, i click around in the program and the only thing my heli does now is full throttle stay at the ground...
Can someone send me a file to load with the original settings? Or maybe someone has settings that are even better. My mailadress is [email protected]

Thanx for helping me

Dutch (beginner) Harry
Send, Please check your email. BTW: As I don't know which mode you are using please select the correct mode according to your tx. and you may need to adjust the trim slightly according to your helicopter.
Sep 17, 2010, 08:56 PM
I'm Experiencing the same problem as coco7. Just received my copterx250 with the cx-ct6b transmitter. On first spin up, the heli spun up with the throttle stick down... I first thought I had the idle on, but that was not the case. So I went to check on the t6config and noticed that the throttle curve didnt fully reach both ends of the chart. No matter what I try, the throttle curve will not reach either end of the range. Look at the image posted by coco7, I have the exact same issue. So with a 0,25,50,75,100 curve, the heli is starting at around 25% throttle with the stick completely down. The only way to get it to work is to use a 0,0,40,80,100 curve but that's not right.

I am suspecting either a fault transmitter or the t6config is not working correctly... Please help.

Ehirobo, what could be the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco7

2- This question has to do with the Thro Curv, if I use the base configuration (EP0-0%, EP1-25%, EP2-50%, EP3-75%, EP4-100%), this means that when I flip the SW.A the heli goes immediately to 25% (this is with my left joystick completely down). When I have my left joystick completely up, the graphic shows that it is only at around 80%. Therefore it looks like I'm loosing something here, should I be able to have 0-100 (when it looks like I only have 25-80 meaning I am loosing around 45% sensitivity with the joystick).

thanks
Coco7
Sep 17, 2010, 10:20 PM
Hum.... Do you have the throttle trim all the way down? I just try it even the throttle graph do not show it at the bottom with the low stick. the motor do not move until I start pushing the throttle stick up.... If you look at the green bars with the throttle stick all the way down. It should be within the two black bars at the left side.

Quick Reply