May 31, 2010, 05:09 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
Build Log

Foamie epp 3d jet build with MAIDEN FLIGHT AND CRASH VIDEO!!!

Hey guys I just started the constuction of my epp 3D jet (I don't have a name for it yet). I designed it on rc cad, at first I was just messin around but then I thought wow I want to build this, so I started as of right now I just have all the pieces cut out. Once the model is compelete and tested to make sure it works I might have plans available but that's down the road. For the electronics i will be using the grayson hobby park jet combo and some 9g servos i had laying around, and also a mix of 6mm and 9mm epp foam.

well here are the pics so far.

j3tman,
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2010, 05:03 AM
Looking good! Is the rc cad software a freebie? looks like s powerful tool!
Jun 01, 2010, 06:44 AM
You can download the demo for free then the full version is $50 so it's a hole lot cheaper the programs like cad and stuff, but first it was just fun to mess around with but you can make some pretty scale planes. Sometimes it limits you to your design but very rarley.

find it here:
http://www.rccad.com/

j3tman,
Jun 01, 2010, 01:15 PM

Build update.

Today I cut out all the carbon rods to reinforce the wing, horizontal, and vertical stabs the carbon rods are 1.5mm I think. They are not glued in yet but will be shortly. here are the pics.

j3tman,
Jun 01, 2010, 03:49 PM

Build update.

I have all the carbon rods glued in and set I also have the wing slots cut out. Im using hot glue this might not be the best kind of glue but its cheap and fast so I don't mind. here are the pics.

j3tman,
Jun 02, 2010, 04:03 PM

Build update.

here's what i got done today, i made a foam plate for the rudders and aleron/elavator servos will go.

j3tman,
Jun 02, 2010, 07:24 PM
My plans are in my blog
Nice plane. Resembles the Delta Storm.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779331
Jun 02, 2010, 09:09 PM
wow, ive never seen or heard of that model before i guess mine will just be a little more curvy then the delta storm.

j3tman,
Jun 03, 2010, 07:01 PM
Looks pretty cool and I just crashed my F18 so this could be the new home for my Grayson hobby combo too! LOL

cant wait to see more, what are the specs?
HT
Jun 03, 2010, 08:19 PM
So far the specs are:
wingspan-25in
length-26in
wieght-?

j3tman,
Jun 06, 2010, 10:12 AM
J3tman,

Thanks for the tip on RCCad. One question, were you able to print out your plans with the Demo version? If so, how???
Jun 06, 2010, 12:32 PM
You know i dont remember sorry but if you have it download (demo for free) just go ahead and try. steps:
-first you can make a model dosnt have to be perfect
-go up to the print button
-choose your views there are 5 options do not pic the third option unless you are sure about the model because this view will print out all the changes in your body and you could print like 50 pages with an advanced model.
-then you should be good but if i were you i would just go ahead and buy it because in the demo verison you cant save or have multiple bodies.

j3tman,
Jun 07, 2010, 02:38 PM

Build update.

This is what i got done today (see the pics), What i have left to do is install the servos and make control rods and surfaces. Then i will sand it down to make it look all pretty.

j3tman,
Jun 13, 2010, 10:04 AM
j3tman,complment, is a nice original model
Mesnick