May 31, 2010, 06:45 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Dumb prop adapter / prop question

I want to use a 6x6 Graupner prop on a 3mm motor shaft, the prop appears to be listed as having an 8mm center hole.
Should I look for a prop adapter for a 3mm shaft with 8mm threaded hub (that doesn't seem to exist), so what is the right way to mount this prop..
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2010, 07:13 AM
Is this UK one any good, (you don't show what country you are in, but it may be available in others) - Aeronaut prop adapter for 3.0mm shaft, 8mm thread

I have used tape to build up the diameter of a standard prop adapter to suit the prop bore, works fine.
May 31, 2010, 07:31 AM
Thread OP
two good ideas, cheers .. I like the tape one for now as I can use what I have!
May 31, 2010, 05:07 PM
Sussex, UK
I wonder if you've finally found a use for some of the spare APC spacer rings that everyone has lying around?

Find some that are a tight fit on your prop adapter, spin it up and gently sand them until your prop fits. (or clamp several on with a nut and just sand the ones in the middle)

Quick Reply