May 20, 2010, 08:33 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Best Helicopter under $40

Hey, I really like the Syma s107. But, i want to know if there is a better helicopter out there for less money. I want it to be able to fly outside, not windy at all, it is almost no wind where I live. And, I would like for it to have a gyro(since it makes the helicopter from not rotating and spinning out and so then I dont have to constantly have to trim it)
Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2010, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
Ok, the helizone firebird looks great! I love the black one. And, it looks and someone said it is just the exact same as the s107. Does anyone have both and can compare for me, as for speed and handling and precision and stuff like that.
Thanks for the reply on the syma 107 thread, the speed mod thread is great.
May 20, 2010, 09:18 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Get the S107, you won't regret it.

Get the firebird by all means, if you can honestly afford it. The extra money spent has been called a 'good thing' on the forum here, over and over.

You can get a lower price on an S107 on Ebay, but understand there is a set of good reasons the price is lower- Go for the Firebird if you want to ensure a trouble-free experience, in both the procurement, and after the sale.

"I've never had to torch a Helizone Product" -killbucket
May 20, 2010, 09:56 PM
Syma S107 or if you can Helizone Firebird.
Www.helizonerc.com use coupon "firebird" for -10$.

Since we are here, who makes the Swift ones? And what about san huan?
May 20, 2010, 10:14 PM
Thread OP
Nah...If there was a significant improvement from the s107 to the firebird then I would use extra $10, but since no one listing and thing better over the s107, i guess that is what I will get. Who cares about the body, right?
Thanks for the coupon, but ill get the s107 since it is the same(right?) and cheaper...unless someone knows of a better heli
May 20, 2010, 10:20 PM
I'm FAMOUS
We just told you there WAS a better heli-

The Firebird.

It's put together better, and I've shown that in comparison photos earlier.
Ten dollars?
No-Brainer, because it's TWICE as good a copter. It was assembled with extra care, because it had to meet Helizone's "Quality control", in addition to Syma's.

It's a better copter, not just a different colored one.
Don't take MY word for this- read up in both the S107 and Firebird threads.
Nobody's ever said, that they wish they hadn't spent that 'extra' ten bucks.
May 20, 2010, 10:42 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
I've got both. Short term, the performance is identical. Long term, the extra care put into Firebird may give it an advantage, but that's speculative at this time.

I fly 107 somewhat carelessly, run into doors indoors and cars outdoors. I reserve Firebird for special occasions and good conditions so I won't tear it up and I will always have one version of the airframe in operating order.

Firebird is only $12 over best price on 107. That's barely 2 Mcdonalds lunches including sales tax. Is there anything better under $40 right now? Not that anybody here has said. Maybe next fall. And maybe not.
May 20, 2010, 10:55 PM
Either one should be fine PATH. I just flew one of my firebirds and it does seem a little faster than the s-107. As far as build qaulity I cant say. They seem about the same to me. I bought my Firebirds for $35 each and than about $31.85 from the same vendor.(Both these prices included shipping) He charged less shipping the more you ordered. I ordered the second batch(of seven) for some friends and family. As soon as I did they raised the price but gave free shipping.(and charged $2 for handling) So they come to about $40 now.

I got my s-107 for about $29(price includes shipping) from a hong kong vendor.http://www.toptoyexpress.com/ Excellent transaction and I got it in seven days.Top toy express also operates on the buy more less shipping policy. I bought three copters from them. The 107, mini chinook and a v-max. SPEAKING of the V-MAX. I like the build quality even more than the s-107/firebird. Theres less plastic parts and the canopy seems a little thicker. It is a little less stable to fly without trimming but just as much fun(and challenging) as the 107/firebird. You should pick one of them up as well. It also goes under a different moniker, the LANNERET II, which top toy also sells.

So I got good prices on both the 107 and firebird. Just buy one of each and compare. Even at $40 these things are a good value.
Last edited by Anthony70; May 20, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
May 21, 2010, 08:44 AM
I'm FAMOUS

S107 or Firebird, you just can't go wrong with these. I now have nine of them, six S107's, and three Firebirds.

But I do agree, the V-Max/San Huan 6020-1's are very good copters, and should be going at discount prices, because of so many folks wanting the S107 instead.
May 22, 2010, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Killbucket...you have too much helicopters. You should give some away...maybe to me? haha
Ok, I like the firebird too. But, the s032...It is bigger, which means it should fly outside better right?
s032 or firebird...I seen compare pictures of both in size, but thats it, and that doesnt really help. Does anyone have both with info in it that might be able to help me out?
May 22, 2010, 12:53 PM
I'm FAMOUS
If it's S032 or Firebird, it then comes down to OUTSIDE, or space INSIDE.

You can fly the Firebird outdoors, but only in low light and low wind.
If you have large rooms, S032 is a nice indoor heli as well. I do like it's ability to hold a tight hover- confidence inspiring when near lamps, etc.

I like both equally, but if I HAD to stay with ONE model, it would be the '032, because it can go outside on nice days, and is tame enough to fly indoor.
May 23, 2010, 08:36 PM
Thread OP
Thanks killbucket...thats all I wanted to know. Flying outside is a big thing to me, and yea, my house is pretty roomy for a helicopter of that size
May 24, 2010, 04:02 AM
firebird look good

Quick Reply