May 21, 2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks Junglegym/Discostu956
I will try it as per your pic's Jungle, however the c/g will be much further forward than I have been flying. The 610mah is jammed 50>60% under the wing. I have my receiver stuck to the floor up front alongside the speed control and may need to move it. I can't see yours Jungle where did you hide it? Mine is a 72mhz about 1"x2" long.

Thanks again: Kerry
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2010, 02:06 PM
FWIW, the TP910 2s will fit jammed partially back under the wing, but no idea about CG yet. I'm still wet-sanding and covering...

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the motor appears to be one of the AEO "C10" motors. Not sure about Kv yet; probably around 2000 or so.

Has anyone found a motor in the 10-15g range that's significantly better than these?

= Mike
May 21, 2010, 07:52 PM
3 Strykers,your out !
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZiplok
FWIW, the TP910 2s will fit jammed partially back under the wing, but no idea about CG yet. I'm still wet-sanding and covering...

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the motor appears to be one of the AEO "C10" motors. Not sure about Kv yet; probably around 2000 or so.

Has anyone found a motor in the 10-15g range that's significantly better than these?

= Mike
Cg seems spot on with the battery positioned as I have it the photos.
The Turnigy 2s 800 mah pictured weighs 50g and the Rhino 2s 750mah is 45g I have the AR6100 Rx and all the bundled wires pushed back under the wing.

I have a few of these outrunners in various small planes they weigh a little more
19g but are v good on 500 25c 3S.
NB:You don't get any hardware mounts, screws with this motor , it comes in a 2500 kv or 2100 kv , the 2500 is the one I 've used and they are pretty cheap under 10 bucks .

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...otor_%2819g%29

Last edited by junglegym; May 21, 2010 at 08:00 PM.
May 22, 2010, 12:21 AM
Foam, foam on the range....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl0flyer
150g's is about what I figured... my modified fox sloper comes in at 1/3 that weight.
Only 50 grams! Very impressive, considering the stock Fox weighs 48g. Care to share how you achieved this? I've got a Fox ready for mods, so I'd appreciate some ideas.

Cheers
May 22, 2010, 10:30 AM
Rain or shine, wind or calm
3s on stock power system?
May 22, 2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonmaster
3s on stock power system?
Only if you enjoy the smell of smoke.

= Mike
May 22, 2010, 12:13 PM
Nothing but high quality
Any more tips, vids, suggestions. I am about to make a hobbycity order and can't decide if I am going to include this guy.

Jon
May 22, 2010, 01:03 PM
Nothing but high quality
What do you guys think about runing this motor, with a matching esc?

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...idproduct=6744

Jon
May 22, 2010, 03:05 PM
All done tinkering, for now.
Moved the spinner/prop forward 1/8" on the shaft, better cooling and the prop folds further. Wanted a longer servo horn on the ail. for more throw, had to replace the servo (HXT 900) as I could not find a matching horn for the stock unit. This required cutting a trench on one side in the bottom of the wing saddle to get the longer horn into the fus., used a small filler block from the material removed. I also cut a very small slot to allow the small horn on the ail. to slide through without ripping it out (again :-). I cut the ail. and ele. hinges out and used clear hockey tape full length on top and 3 short strips on the bottom. All this gave me lots of throw but both the ail. + ele. where distorting so I added carbon fiber rods to the trailing edge of all three ( old heli training gear same thickness as the trailing edge). This looked to be working so I went out for a fly.
Almost forgot, the receiver etc. is now under the wing as per JUNGLEGYM and it's all good (thanks dude, you gave me the push).

Happy to report, it's much more responsive, tracks straight through a loop now and the roll rate is near double (but thats still slow). I think the only way to beat the ail.s would be to go near "full span".

Thanks for the tips guys.
Kerry
May 22, 2010, 08:14 PM
3 Strykers,your out !
Helitime : All Sounds good Didn't have any probs re aileron travel this end, other than the servo wasn't centered 100% before it was installed at the factory.
Yes my elevator tends to distort in the center at full travel too,I'll carbon tube it as you've done before the foam fatigues around the horn, and if you don't want to put extra load on the servo, replacing the foam hinge with live hinges also helps reduce the resistance that causes this problem, I've had to do it on several foamies in the past.

Happy flying

Cheers

JG
Last edited by junglegym; May 22, 2010 at 08:19 PM.
May 23, 2010, 07:20 PM
uh oh...
Well, third flight and the elevator servo failed mid-flight. Really confused as to why it was constantly 'porpoising' until I got it down (it failed with about 50% up elevator). Fortunately landed safely but looks like I have to cut through the side to replace it.

Hopefully no one else has this issue.

-Ian

EDIT: Two teeth were gone in different positions... no good explanation as to why though.
Last edited by ian_ryeng; May 23, 2010 at 08:19 PM.
May 23, 2010, 08:29 PM
3 Strykers,your out !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_ryeng
Well, third flight and the elevator servo failed mid-flight. Really confused as to why it was constantly 'porpoising' until I got it down (it failed with about 50% up elevator). Fortunately landed safely but looks like I have to cut through the side to replace it.

Hopefully no one else has this issue.

-Ian

EDIT: Two teeth were gone in different positions... no good explanation as to why though.
Thats no good mate!
Before you cut through the side use the spare fuse to check out the servo mount ,you may be able to cut right along the bottom seam and prise it out/replace it that way,may save hacking into the side ?

Good luck

May 24, 2010, 02:32 AM
Here see for replacement Prop & Spinner:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...665&aff=214504
May 24, 2010, 02:45 AM
making the world a weird place
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty707
Here see for replacement Prop & Spinner:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...665&aff=214504
Good find, but i find it odd that they now call it turnigy mini-swift. Hope i can get one very soon.
May 24, 2010, 06:13 AM
Is my CG correct?
Bugger, should have thought about getting one of them when i ordered the plane

Quick Reply