Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Jun 05, 2010, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by Rockitglider
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thanks Kevin, I agree well worth the extra effort. You probly get at least 10% extra boost with the lower drag, and will thermal better than a plane without them. Every little bit helps.

See ya, Rockitglider
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 08:55 AM
Find More Posts by Rockitglider
Pompano Hill Flyers
Hello again Kevin,

One more question, did you make your own pockets? Or did you purchase a complete setup with all the hardware and pockets already made? On the link that I posted it looks like the setup that is for DLG and Handlaunch gliders(1/16") size doesn't come with the pockets, it says you have to make your own. Thanks,

Rockitglider
Old Jun 06, 2010, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by kkooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockitglider View Post
Hello again Kevin,

One more question, did you make your own pockets? Or did you purchase a complete setup with all the hardware and pockets already made? On the link that I posted it looks like the setup that is for DLG and Handlaunch gliders(1/16") size doesn't come with the pockets, it says you have to make your own. Thanks,

Rockitglider
I made my own using 3/32" x 1/16" bass for the sides and 0.015" fiberglass sheet for the pocket itself. The pocket is pretty easy to make actually. The carbon torque rods take a little more skill, but not too bad to make.

ASK of rcbuilder.com offers a complete setup: http://www.rcbuilder.com/Merchant2/m...egory_Code=ACC

Though, for $35 I can make a few dozen of these. And its basically your time or his depending on how you look at.

Regards,

KK
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by RCGambler
Suspended Account
Kevin,

Very nice review of your plane and the hidden RDS system! I will use this on a couple models I have coming over from Latvia.

The current world champion model... I'm sorry I don't have the name of it as it seems to be named based on who is either selling or making the model.

I decided to start with something proven, then improve it.

I will start a thread once they arrive ... takes about 20 days after I paid for the models to be made and shipped...

I scoured the web for information but most FAI sites are in anything but English.

Here is what I know about the model's achievements:

FAI European Championships for Space Models 2011

S8E/P Senior - Overall

1st: Aleksandrs Ojavers LTV ( LATVIA) YL - 261

2nd: Pawel Janisiewicz POL

3rd: Tomaz Starin SLO

World Champion 2011 , 2008 ( st. Place team)

Lauris Pumpurs LTV ( LATVIA) YL – 264

So in about a month I will have more info

Gambler