Thread Tools
Nov 11, 2012, 04:36 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Conehead's Avatar
I must say there were lots of Flutter=Bys at the JR Indoor. No major accidents happened to each of them. There were many laughs, lots of good conversation among Flutter-By owners and no pictures taken of me sleeping, as has happened in years past. Jack almost got one, but Bob said something and I woke up sort of startled, and Jack was not happy with Bob.

I think Bob dozed off once, but no one got a picture of him either.

Dave had some problems with his Flutter-By, I am sure he will get it fixed quickly.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
Checkertail Clan
325FGP's Avatar
You bet. I still don't know why but right after take off it took a header and the battery plate came off and the plastic motor stick broke. I talked with Jack and the fix will be easy enough.

One more picture from JR. Probably the youngest Flutter-By pilot, a young man named Jesse with his Flutter-By.
Nov 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Conehead's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325FGP View Post
You bet. I still don't know why but right after take off it took a header and the battery plate came off and the plastic motor stick broke. I talked with Jack and the fix will be easy enough.

One more picture from JR. Probably the youngest Flutter-By pilot, a young man named Jesse with his Flutter-By.
Dave,
i still think you need to change out the motor you put on your Flutter-By. Get an E-Flite Park 400, 920 KV motor, it will be great. No motor shaft sticking out to hit your battery in the future.

Was a fun time. Roger got his picture taken with the Fly Low girl, what happened to you?
Unlucky I guess.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Nov 12, 2012, 07:30 PM
Checkertail Clan
325FGP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
Dave,
i still think you need to change out the motor you put on your Flutter-By. Get an E-Flite Park 400, 920 KV motor, it will be great. No motor shaft sticking out to hit your battery in the future.

Was a fun time. Roger got his picture taken with the Fly Low girl, what happened to you?
Unlucky I guess.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
The motor will be ok... I'm going to cut off the part tof the shaft that sticks out... already planned.

I got a picture of the Fly Low girl holding my PeregrinE and SpookE.. and Fred send me a bonus pic of her.
Nov 14, 2012, 08:45 AM
Registered User
rj2239's Avatar
My check just cleared. Just one step closer to getting my Flutter-by!

Everyone is talking about this Fly Low girl. Anyone want to help a deployed Airman out and post these pics?
Nov 14, 2012, 04:31 PM
Checkertail Clan
325FGP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj2239 View Post
Everyone is talking about this Fly Low girl. Anyone want to help a deployed Airman out and post these pics?
Well since you're joining the family and all I suppose I can share one. For more consider getting a Flight Pass from Higher Plane Productions.

www.higherplaneproductions.com

Lots of cool stuff there.
Nov 16, 2012, 09:43 AM
Registered User
rj2239's Avatar
Thanks. I see that I need to make it to next years JR.
Nov 21, 2012, 07:50 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Conehead's Avatar
Dave,
Is your Flutter-By back and working now? I wondered about it.

We had a number of Flutter-Bys in the air at the JR, but never all of them at once.

Sure was a good time seeing you and Roger. You guys and the Fly Low girl, amazing.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Dec 11, 2012, 03:25 PM
Registered User
rj2239's Avatar
Jack just sent me this pic. It won't be long for me now.

Name: photo.jpg
Views: 83
Size: 113.6 KB
Description:
Dec 12, 2012, 05:09 PM
Checkertail Clan
325FGP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj2239 View Post
Jack just sent me this pic. It won't be long for me now.

Attachment 5366472
Looking good! Hope it'll get to you before christmas so you can chase reindeer with it.
Dec 12, 2012, 07:27 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Conehead's Avatar
Very cool looking. Bravo for Jack.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Jan 23, 2013, 09:30 PM
Vertical approach specialist
potshot's Avatar
Any Flutter-By people going to E-fest (Feb. 9 & 10 in Champagne IL)?
Jan 24, 2013, 07:07 AM
Electric or Bust!
skyjet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by potshot View Post
Any Flutter-By people going to E-fest (Feb. 9 & 10 in Champagne IL)?
I'm planing on going, but I won't have my Flutter-by because I'm flying to ORD and I have to carry on what I bring.
Jan 24, 2013, 05:27 PM
Checkertail Clan
325FGP's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by potshot View Post
Any Flutter-By people going to E-fest (Feb. 9 & 10 in Champagne IL)?
I'm going to be there and I'm pretty sure Conehead is going also. The last I heard Jessie was planning on going also.
Jan 24, 2013, 11:09 PM
Registered User
Bob Glasa and I are planning on being there all day Saturday....and Scott...don't worry...you can fly my plane!

Jack


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shadow by "Fly by Night Models" out of Long Beach California jimbailey Slope 38 Oct 29, 2011 06:59 PM
Discussion Bitten by the flutter bug AndrewBurns Hand Launch 2 Nov 08, 2008 04:53 AM
The 7' twin is dead.. flutter, flutter, flutter --- BANG! RIP lmopar69 Electric Plane Talk 11 Dec 11, 2005 08:12 AM
Slope - "Shadow" by "Fly by Night Models" in Long Beach California jimbailey Slope 3 Nov 04, 2004 01:20 AM
Servo recom. for lrg plane crashed once by elev. flutter Brad B. Hitec/Multiplex USA 4 Apr 20, 2004 11:23 AM