May 15, 2010, 01:04 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

graupner Shark conversion

HELLO all. A wile back I was asking qustions about the yellow Graupner. Did not get any replys . SO I look it over myself and tryed to set it up. what I found out right away I had no room for much. I am useing the newer 6 packs and they were to long. So I decided to expan it a little . This I have done in the pass with other ships. FOR I am mostly a scale ship builder and have done all kind of conversions in the pass. So I am in the process of changing it. I am useing all of the runing gear that I got with it .
NOW as you can see I have plank on what I needed glass it reinforce it and it is strong. NOW This will be my fist diving sub. I had built one other sub a few years ago. Compleatly scratch . Untill revell came out with that new sub so I did a converstion to it as well. I use my old hull added about 6 inches and made it a surface sub. SS 383 .
I am open for any and all ideas for I am sure I will have some qustions later down the line . I have all ready cut the shark top off and going for a new deck complealy. Don your Portland Rustbucket

O yes This is a basket case so I cant go wrong no matter what I do. I was lucky to get the parts I got with it and thanks to Sandy at Graupner I was able to get the gears. HE is good people to deal with . So here is what I have been doing in the last couple of weeks DON that Portland Rustbucket.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2010, 12:46 PM
Thread OP
NOW I am going for the deck .NOT sure on what class it will end up as . Still working toward that one.
May 16, 2010, 12:54 PM
no wings any more, just dust!
don, i see soviet Delta II ICBM boat in that
May 16, 2010, 03:02 PM
Thread OP
HELLO Ghost , Intresting to see ya on this board Maybe we can get some of the others over here. THE Only reason I came over here was this is for subs. BUT so far your the only that has reponded .
well I am going to towards sea wolf maybe another class.
Or maybe a DONS class;-) thanks
May 16, 2010, 04:49 PM
i dont have a working sub though
May 16, 2010, 08:45 PM
Thread OP
WEll for me it will be my second one. hopfuly I will have a daving sub . Right now I am learning as I go on this one. Something like my first ship I did many years ago. Pick one and start playing with it and that is what I am doing right now . Doing it by the seat of my pants like I have done with some in the pass. THEY allways seem to turn out good. Just keep an eye on this sight . I have decided to let the other one go for a wile. hopfuly I willl get some good advice on this sight on how to set things up. Thanks DON
May 16, 2010, 08:46 PM
Thread OP
I ment a diving Sub instead of a surface only like the other one is right now she is only surface.
May 16, 2010, 09:50 PM
RC sub dude
why not go for a freelance design? I see plenty of opportunities here!
May 16, 2010, 11:10 PM
Thread OP
HELLO GHOST have you ever thought about doing one?. Like what i am trying? I know plans are all over the net you just have to look for them like I did a wile back.
It is a thought ?? Just think all about the fun we could have changing ideas like we have befor? BY the way did you ever get your wrech set up that you were telling me about ?

HELLLO Captain nemo NICE TO MEET ya thank you for the idea never thought about that one . Right now i am just trying to get set up a sealed deck . What you guys do about setting up sealed decks. I know some will use a wtc in witch I know very little of. So far I am setting this one up all most like the other one I did many years ago.
Open hull then put a sealed clear plactic top with Silacone and bolts with a gastic. THEN did the deck on top . It is a WW 2 balao SS 383.
IT is a surface sub only.

Free lance Something to think about .

What would you sudjust??
I usely do us navy surface ships.
DON that Portland Rustbucket.
May 16, 2010, 11:22 PM
Thread OP

first sub

OK here is my first sub a scratch built well most of it untill the 1.72nd revell gato came out then I use the deck and coning tower on mind but did a little changing to the tower to make it look like a balao. So I do I do have a little back grown but this is a new one for me so I am learning as I am going I am open to sudjustions and ideas Thanks DON
May 17, 2010, 03:35 AM
don i have a dumbass gato to do but its an inherit a load of problems model

wrech set up?
May 17, 2010, 10:16 AM
Thread OP
Witch one of the gatos do you have . If it is the one I was working with I may be able to help a little . FOR I use the deck off of the one I had and gave away what I did not use. But I know a little about those..
If I remember right you were trying to figure out a way to set up a working wrech on the back of your large TUG At least I think that was it. I may wrong on witch ship it was. BUT I remember talking to you about it when I was working on THE Monster at that time. I was trying to figure out cranes on that one.
May 17, 2010, 07:33 PM
Thread OP

coning tower

OK here is what the deck and coning tower is starting to look like. I had a set of plans blown up today. At the size I am working with on the sub. So I may end up doing one like I was sudjusted an off the wall one. I just everything will work out . Like I say I am learning as I am going. BUT having fun.
May 19, 2010, 03:21 AM
Thread OP
OK I finely did it as a LA nuke sub . I have it with sealer and it is drying as I do this note. NOW I have an six channel radio to set up in it and then later do a water test BUT I do have one question for any of you .
I could use some help how do you make a water tight switch so when it goes down I wont short out my switch or is there a other way it can be done ??? OR Will water bother it I know when you have two wires conecting nothing will happen will that same idea work with a simple off and on switch.??
. OK now I amNOW asking for some help or advice on this one???
. Thank you. DON
May 19, 2010, 05:20 PM
Thread OP

all most done with deck/hull

Well as you can see I am all most done with the deck. Just something I have to change on the deck . I did not like the hold downs I had on for holding the ropes in place.

Still have to add in the RC power set up and figure it out .

Quick Reply