Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 09, 2013, 11:40 PM
This last Saturday, I have finally got the Depronker into a prop hang, barrel roll, wingoverand inverted flight. And still just flys on rails. Anyone that has built one needs to add ailerons.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2014, 12:33 PM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
I'd like to just say Thank You to Gere Sport for an excellent design and plan.

I have been morphing the plans to produce a Dog-Fight pair .. so far a German scalloped wing style and a British Sopwith Strutter style ... once I have the plans completed and start to build .... then please come on over to the build thread on :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post28611303

or Wattflyer ......

This Depronker bipe is a work of pure genius as it's a basic design that lends itself to all sorts of other sport models ...

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Difference of Forums
Dec 03, 2018, 02:26 PM
AIIIEEEEE!!!!
In the distant past, started building one of these and discovered I had no 1/8" plywood. Put project aside... Present day, just received, assembled and started using a 3D printer. One of my first projects became making the Cabane Struts with the 3D printer. Worked out perfectly! To see, and possibly print your own struts, the design and print files are posted at Thingiverse, thing number 3257045.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3257045

Question: the 3d printed struts weigh in at a hair under 11grams each. What weight are the 1/8" plywood struts coming in at?
Last edited by scottmi; Dec 03, 2018 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo
Dec 04, 2018, 07:56 AM
Looks great and saves on sawing them out of wood.

What did you use to glue them to the foam?
Dec 05, 2018, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmi
In the distant past, started building one of these and discovered I had no 1/8" plywood. Put project aside... Present day, just received, assembled and started using a 3D printer. One of my first projects became making the Cabane Struts with the 3D printer. Worked out perfectly! To see, and possibly print your own struts, the design and print files are posted at Thingiverse, thing number 3257045.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3257045

Question: the 3d printed struts weigh in at a hair under 11grams each. What weight are the 1/8" plywood struts coming in at?
Magic ...

Will probably adjust as well in Mesh to create outer wing struts ... if you don't mind me playing with the designs ?

Nigel
Dec 07, 2018, 12:25 AM
AIIIEEEEE!!!!
PLA is quite glue-friendly.. will probably use a foam-safe CA when ready to fix in place.
Dec 07, 2018, 12:29 AM
AIIIEEEEE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
Magic ...

Will probably adjust as well in Mesh to create outer wing struts ... if you don't mind me playing with the designs ?

Nigel
Don't mind at all... knock yourself out! If I didn't already have the servo and tail skid in place, I would have drafted those into a print, too. Might do something for the firewall/nose when I get to that (later this winter).
Dec 07, 2018, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmi
Don't mind at all... knock yourself out! If I didn't already have the servo and tail skid in place, I would have drafted those into a print, too. Might do something for the firewall/nose when I get to that (later this winter).
There's a nice SE5 front end on Thingiverse that could scale down nice ?

I must admit - I am absolutely useless in designing creating 3D objects ... so I try to find something close and then MeshMix it to as close to what I want as poss.

Nigel

Quick Reply