Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 29, 2010, 07:05 AM
Where could i get wheels??
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2010, 02:22 PM
Small light foam wheels are the best for the bipe.

If your local model shop can't supply something suitable you could try hobbyking.com. Look under Parts and acc's and then Wheels and Landing gear for plenty of choice of light foam wheels.
Jun 29, 2010, 04:57 PM
I am going to start construction soon.I have the paper taped together.
Jun 29, 2010, 08:23 PM
I started construction tonight!!!It seems kinda small for my motor tho.
Jun 29, 2010, 10:36 PM
Foam Av8r
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeflyer94
do you guys think i should buy landing gear build it.If i should buy it where should i buy it from??

Do you guys think this would be a good plane to add a kfm2 airfoil to it??I am not going to try it till i have build the origional first.
BPHohhies has a good selection of landing gear wheels

I would not do a KF wing with a bipe. you would not notice any difference and would add unnecessary weight to the air frame.
JMO
Jul 01, 2010, 07:13 AM
The bipe will grow in size once you start to put it together and it becomes 3 dimensional. There is a fair amount of drag with 2 wings and the cabane struts, hence the motor size and I also wanted fairly spirited performance rather than something which staggers around the sky.
Jul 01, 2010, 01:56 PM

My Depronker

Hello Steve
This is my version of your Depronker. Flying weight is between 8.5 & 8.75 oz with 500 lipo I have attached pictures. This is my first post
so hope it works. Maiden flight to come !!
All the best Alan.
Jul 01, 2010, 02:22 PM
one word.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 01, 2010, 04:26 PM
TonyS
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryoldtimer
Hello Steve
This is my version of your Depronker. Flying weight is between 8.5 & 8.75 oz with 500 lipo I have attached pictures. This is my first post
so hope it works. Maiden flight to come !!
All the best Alan.
Welcome to the forums.
Yours is a very beautiful plane! I have often heard/read "If it looks good it will fly."... Your Depronker should be a perfect lady!

Best wishes for a fantastic maiden flight.

TonyS
Jul 02, 2010, 08:24 AM
Alan, welcome to RCG. Superb build and paint job on your DB.

I like the rounded windtips which really suit the old US Army colour scheme.

Good luck with the maiden flight, like TonyS, I think it will fly as good as looks. Its just a shame that the winds look a little on the high side for the next few days, but hey the weather forecast is never that accuarte in Britain.

Steve
Jul 02, 2010, 01:02 PM
old foamie
Looks great! It would be hard to pick between a Steerman or a jenny version now.
Jul 03, 2010, 03:22 AM
Foam Av8r
VERY Cool VeryOldTimer! very nice rendition of the Stearman PT 17
welcome To the Scratch builders forum
Jul 04, 2010, 02:36 PM
Alan

Did you add wing joiners or dihedral braces to the wings?

Steve
Jul 06, 2010, 02:26 PM
Steve
Yes dihedral braces were fitted although I am not too sure if Depronker needs them or not. I have always been a bit belt and braces plus of course I like using the fret saw.

Alan
Jul 07, 2010, 07:34 AM
michigan jet guy
hey guys I'm thinking about starting one of these and was wondering if the rc timer 2208-12 800kv motor will work on this .Phil http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?app=goods&spec_id=151 or would this one be better http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?app=goods&spec_id=41
Last edited by mrshea; Jul 07, 2010 at 07:39 AM.

Quick Reply