Jun 21, 2010, 05:02 PM
on a 1-10 scale,how hard would this plane be to build??
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2010, 07:08 AM
If profile foamies are in the 1-2 range, I'd say that the DB is about 3/10 i.e. very easy for a full fuselage foamie.

Off the top of my head there are 18 foam parts and 6 ply parts to cut out.

The fuselage is self jigging using the top former to built the fuz straight and the cabane struts are easy to line up using the doublers which are fitted the outside of the fuz.
Jun 22, 2010, 08:42 AM
ok great!!!How well would this motor work with a gws 8040??http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detailon a 2 cell.
and could i use 9g servos??
Last edited by TheTrashMan; Jun 22, 2010 at 08:50 AM.
Jun 23, 2010, 07:01 AM
9g servos should fit fine, just check them against the plan to be sure.

The extra weight will not be an issue as I have flown with the heavier 2s 800 lipo as well as the 2s 500 lipo.

The motor data looks good, just slightly lower kV at 1300 rather than 1400 for the on I used.

I would try an 8 x4.3 prop and if this isn't enough try an 8x6 prop like the datasheet shows would give more speed.
Jun 23, 2010, 03:52 PM
great !!!How well would this plane be to build out of dollar tree foam???
Jun 25, 2010, 02:01 PM
I'm afraid that living in the UK means I have no knowledge of dollar tree foam, the equivalent poundland store in the UK does not sell it!

You'll have to check with other RCG members or search the forums to find out how it compares with 6mm Depron or FFF.
Jun 26, 2010, 05:49 AM
Vacuum Tubes Forever BCT2/BCR3
planeflyer94

I built two Depronker's out of dollar tree foam board. I did cut 3/16 off the leading edges of the wing and glued a 3/16 sq balsa to the leading edges, this is just a personal preference. Mounted servos on sides of fuse and I also modified the wing tip shape and the tail feathers to resemble WW I fighters. Both fly very well. Need to paint, will append photos.

turnigy 2204-14T, gws 8x4.3, 5g servos, 2S 610 ma

Hope this helps.

JohnB
Last edited by jiberk; Jun 27, 2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Add photos
Jun 26, 2010, 10:24 AM
great.
Jun 26, 2010, 11:01 AM
Jiberk, thank-you for the info and help. Really look forward to seeing the photos of your models. Its one of the great things about this forum, hearing how modellers have changed, adapted and improved on designs.

My clubmate Paul Taylor has finished his Depronker Bipe which was maidened today with no problems. Attached are a couple of photos which include the optional windshield and headrest. The model includes extra ply reinforcement for the rear wing dowels fitted on the inside of the fuz.
Jun 26, 2010, 04:59 PM
Dollar stores here seem to stock the foam for teachers/students and as it is summer now the stocking seems to have evaporated. Try looking for places that stock for kid's school projects.
Jun 26, 2010, 04:59 PM
Cool green / white plane, by the way.
Jun 26, 2010, 11:13 PM
Foam Av8r
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeflyer94
great !!!How well would this plane be to build out of dollar tree foam???
To answer for Geresport
yes this plane would be an excellent candidate to Build with$Tree foam just make sure to compensate for the thickness diffrences on the bulkheads and any other type of inside formers
Jun 28, 2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTitan
To answer for Geresport
yes this plane would be an excellent candidate to Build with$Tree foam just make sure to compensate for the thickness diffrences on the bulkheads and any other type of inside formers
OK ,thanks!!
Jun 28, 2010, 04:56 PM
do you guys think i should buy landing gear build it.If i should buy it where should i buy it from??

Do you guys think this would be a good plane to add a kfm2 airfoil to it??I am not going to try it till i have build the origional first.
Last edited by TheTrashMan; Jun 28, 2010 at 05:24 PM.
Jun 29, 2010, 06:53 AM
Jiberk, thank-you for posting photos of your models, they look great for a depron war. Just need some foamie machine guns!

planeflyer, why not just bend the undercarriage from a piece of wire rather than buy one? The thin guage wire will bend using good pliers.

Quick Reply