Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
This thread is privately moderated by rick121x, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 12, 2010, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by rick121x
Just a North Vegas flyer
Discussion

Incidence meter

A few years ago when I was either too poor or too cheap to buy a real incidence meter, I found this sketch and made one. It was pretty easy, just using scrap stuff around the shop. The clamps slide with a little friction along the main bar - that is pretty easy to do: Just CYA the clamp around the bar, and it will be too tight --- then just sand the bar down a little and all is OK.

The needle is 0.047 wire in a 1/16 alum tubing sleeve for a bearing. I used very hard balsa for the clamps, and toughened it with CYA. My main stick is about 15 inches long.

You will have to figure out how to calibrate it - but that's part of the fun. A level table, some careful measurements for the clamp slots, and a protractor to set in some degree markers. And there you are - saved about $25

This little device actually does it's job as well as any commercial ones that I have seen. It's something you don't need often, but it is such a valuable tool at that time! Hey, I still use it !!!!
Last edited by rick121x; Jul 21, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:28 AM
Find More Posts by TweakRacer
Cool DIY! Building one now. Thanks for the inspiration.

I found a similar project here:
http://www.modelflight.com/incidence.html

[Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but it was just edited by the OP last month.]