Jul 13, 2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockadopolus
What a great video, you handled it like a pro.
What happened around the last of the video did it tuck in from a steep bank turn?
I am very impressed A+++.
Johnny
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2010, 09:15 PM
Registered RC Addict
Yeah that vid was great! Finally a video spooling up and taking off!

It finally made me open my wallet! Ordered with Elektro. IT was a few bucks cheaper than elsewhere and they had three in stock when I ordered. $162.26 shipped.

Now who here is using HK motors and what size?
Jul 14, 2010, 01:41 AM
Not my video or flying I found it on youtube its says part 2 I cant find part 1
Yes great to see one at a normal club site
Jul 14, 2010, 04:28 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Have you seen this Guy from Germany playing with a 3 blade version...I had to look twice as I thought it was David Seaman flying!..LOL

AUTOGYRO CRASH RC GAME OVER (1 min 47 sec)
Jul 14, 2010, 02:44 PM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorCycle
Order packed up, and will be delivered to USPS tomorrow morning. The order came in at 8:11 PM so we missed the Saturday pickup.
WOW! Very fast shipping! I "love" that. So far gothelirc gets an A+.

Thank you, Tom
Jul 14, 2010, 05:23 PM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
Look at the angle of the pylon in the instructions (top left diagram page 1) Must be a misprint? I hope? Then look at my pylon attached to the fuse. The print angles forward and mine angles back. Which one is right, me or the diagram?

Edit; either way, one of the diagrams is wrong. The one on the left I'm beggining to think is right. The one on the top right showing the position of the triangle shaped brackets that hold the fuse and pylon together is wrong.
Last edited by eatmydirt; Jul 14, 2010 at 06:29 PM.
Jul 14, 2010, 06:23 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
The pylon angle will make more sense from this view:
http://www.gothelirc.com/images/LA500/LA500b.jpg

The pylon is biased forward and after being raised by the front landing gear it's almost vertical.
Jul 14, 2010, 06:51 PM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorCycle
The pylon angle will make more sense from this view:
http://www.gothelirc.com/images/LA500/LA500b.jpg

The pylon is biased forward and after being raised by the front landing gear it's almost vertical.
Ok thanks. After further review I see my error. I could blame my eye site on this horrible ear infection I'm suffering through but I'll take all the blame.

I'll promise to exhaust all medication before the maiden.

Tom
Jul 14, 2010, 11:34 PM
Gros membre

New version ?

LA 500 Autogyro 7 (Master Airscrew 3blade 8x6" 3Li-Po 2600, 8min 1550mAh, RAY 3536/06

LA 500 Autogyro 7 (Master Airscrew 3blade 8x6" 3Li-Po 2600, 8min 1550mAh, RAY 3536/06 (1 min 54 sec)
Jul 15, 2010, 10:27 AM
Invalid user
For anyone else looking, we still have some in stock...

-P
Jul 17, 2010, 12:33 AM
Registered RC Addict

<<<<<<everyone needs to read this>>>>>

[QUOTE=RussellA;15308919]Started building mine yesterday. A few observations:

Page 3. The one way bearing in the pre-rotation gear. The instructions show the writing on the bearing being upper most. This is true after you have turned the gear over to fit it on the rotating mast. But the writing should be down relative to the housing as it is pressed in, not up as it is shown in the diagram. Also the gear sits below the plate on the rotating mast not above as shown on the diagram on the right. And there isn't room for the lock washer and nut (J0424 & J0414) in the recess in J0119 as it is the nut catches on heads of the M3x8 bolts (J0418). In my case rather than look for a thinner nut, I removed the lock washer and used thread lock on the nut supplied.

The rotor head plate J0121 needed the edges sanding slightly to stop it catching on J0119. Otherwise the teeter action is too stiff.

The pinion gear for the pre-rotation motor is a loose fit on the motor and needs to be glued on (it would have been nice if it had been a press fit). This is the same on a friends kit bought at the same time and so isn't just a one-off.
/QUOTE]

I I found all of the above true on my kit too! ARGH! Also the tail assembly stinks!

Also is anyone interested in getting some a123 packs made to fit rather than fiddling with lipos? I may have found a supplier than can do it.
Jul 17, 2010, 02:11 AM
Registered RC Addict
On the workbench!

Need to order motor, esc, prop, servos and maybe a battery.

Jul 17, 2010, 11:13 AM
I am definitely interested in going with A123. I have been looking at ordering cells from HK to make my own, but if someone had them pre-made for a reasonable price, that would be preferable.
Jul 17, 2010, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=team222badbrad;15563212
Also the tail assembly stinks!
[/QUOTE]

Replaced all the tail surfaces on mine with ones made from 6mm depron. Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to build a standard kit.
Jul 17, 2010, 10:13 PM
Registered RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by csclark990
I am definitely interested in going with A123. I have been looking at ordering cells from HK to make my own, but if someone had them pre-made for a reasonable price, that would be preferable.
I just ordered from this guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190408175306

Just tell him you need them tabs soldered in the b3 configuration. Should be .60 cents extra to do the welding.

Very reasonable considering HK wants $15 per cell.

They do not make the complete packs with shrink wrap and connectors so you will need to do that on your own.

Quote:
Replaced all the tail surfaces on mine with ones made from 6mm depron. Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to build a standard kit.
Pics?