Invalid user
More videos:

LA 500 Autogyro.4 (3 min 37 sec)

LA 500 Autogyro.5 (1 min 42 sec)

LA 500 Autogyro.6 (1 min 54 sec)
Jul 08, 2010, 12:39 PM

Help

Hi,

I need some help here with the wiring for my La500.
Does "C" connect to the same battery as "E" and what is the max voltage. I am going to use a 11.1 v Lipo. Where do I plug "D" in ?? Does "D" work on a slider or just an On-Off switch. "F" is the thro for the main speed controller.

Thanks,
Martin
Jul 08, 2010, 01:02 PM
RC Group therapist
Hello Martin,

I'm jealous.....I'd like to have one of those LA500 gyros. From your drawing, there are several ways you could set it up. I would use the same battery for Pre-Roataion, and Main motor since the prerotator will only be on for short durations, so in that case "C" and "E" to one battery. "D" the Pre-rotation controller could be set up on an on/off, or a slider like you said as desired. Depending on your radio, you should be able to plug it into an AUX channel, and assign the desired switch. I would go with a slider if you can so you can increase the RPM slowly and smoothly. Just my two cents. Good luck, and get video for us.

Regards,
-Mike
Jul 08, 2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks Mike,
I will go with the slider option. The manual doesn't explain any thing on the connection or specs of there controller.

Martin
Jul 08, 2010, 03:28 PM
I've got mine wired up to the same 3s lipo as the main motor. Put red to black on the pre-rotation motor (assuming it has a red dot beside one of the terminals). And if you want to disable the BEC in the little speed controller snip the middle (red) wire on the lead to the receiver. PS Looks like a modified Jeti JES 006 to me.
Last edited by RussellA; Jul 08, 2010 at 03:33 PM.
Jul 11, 2010, 08:26 AM

Getting there slowly

This is how I mounted my bat and speed controller. I have also made a new servo mount for the rudder+ front wheel. I am now using a bigger servo to help get some more weight on the front wheel.

Martin
Last edited by Tinmar; Jul 11, 2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Need 10 grams more on front wheel! Maybe a heavier wheel ?
Jul 11, 2010, 10:16 AM
Thermals the path to elevation
All the LA500 parts have been added into stock.

http://www.gothelirc.com/shopdisplay...at=LA500+parts
Jul 11, 2010, 05:37 PM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
I've been watching the gothelirc site on and off for weeks. I noticed last night that the LA500 seemed to be in stock. Or at least the note about it being in stock in a few days was finally gone so I ordered one.

Hoping to see the big brown truck soon.
Jul 11, 2010, 11:13 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydirt
I've been watching the gothelirc site on and off for weeks. I noticed last night that the LA500 seemed to be in stock. Or at least the note about it being in stock in a few days was finally gone so I ordered one.

Hoping to see the big brown truck soon.
Order packed up, and will be delivered to USPS tomorrow morning. The order came in at 8:11 PM so we missed the Saturday pickup.
Jul 13, 2010, 09:42 AM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorCycle
Order packed up, and will be delivered to USPS tomorrow morning. The order came in at 8:11 PM so we missed the Saturday pickup.
Ok great! Build questions to follow...

Thank you, Tom
Jul 13, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hi all,
I did all the wiring on my LA tonight.
The speed controller for the pre rotator seems to be preprogrammed. I first had it on a slider. I then moved it to the gear channel. The longer you hold the gear switch on the faster the head would swing. The moment you switch the gear switch of the head would hold that speed for about 15 sec and then switch off automaticly. The motor starts slow and speed up as you hold the gear switch on. I did set the travel on the gear channel to 50% to prevent over speed on the head.
The pusher motor is a GS 3536/05 and the prop 8x8. This draws 22amps at full throttle.
The bat is a 3 cell, 2600 lipo.
Now I need somebody to maiden it for me as it seems to be a fast flyer!!

Martin .
Jul 13, 2010, 02:44 PM
Pants on the ground
Subscribed
Jul 13, 2010, 03:51 PM
Another video
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../0/or1XAtLwmoU