Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 11, 2010, 07:59 AM
Discussion

Laddie's CANOVA PC-140

Here is my newest add looking scale model. It is Italian CANOVA PC-140. I found the color two views drawing on the internet and one black and white photo. No other information at all. This did not stop me to build it. The model was built from balsa wood. The wingspan is 30” and flying weight with 2100mA LiPos is 23oz. I am using five servos. One for rudder, two for ailerons and two for elevators. Full size plane had the control surfaces hang underneath the trailing edge as Junkers Ju-87 Stuka. I did same thing. This arrangement gave me more assurance that the control surfaces will be in relatively smooth air. I built the model in a week and test flew last week. The model took off nicely. Very stable and very good response to the control inputs. The wing does not rock despite of the wing being longer then wider.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2010, 08:25 AM
Two left thumbs
How do you tell if it's flying forward or backward? Interesting project!

Geoff
May 11, 2010, 08:34 AM

caproni

Hey Laddie, nice job.Got another odd one for you.Joe
May 11, 2010, 09:41 AM
Already built two years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkantyu
Hey Laddie, nice job.Got another odd one for you.Joe
May 11, 2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LADDIE
Already built two years ago.

OK, Now please tell us how it flies/flew, etc. Looks like a big ducted fan.
May 11, 2010, 11:07 AM
Go to this thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ghlight=laddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged

OK, Now please tell us how it flies/flew, etc. Looks like a big ducted fan.
May 11, 2010, 02:59 PM
I can't keep up with you.How about the Jabiru ? Joe
May 11, 2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
I can't keep up with you.How about the Jabiru ? Joe

Not ugly enough.
May 11, 2010, 11:28 PM
How about this one? Is this ugly enough?Joe
May 12, 2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
How about this one? Is this ugly enough?Joe
HI Joe. Yes, ugly enough. It is in your alley, you built BLOCH 210.
Hope to see you this year.
Mar 23, 2014, 05:29 PM
Hi Troops,
I know this is an old thread but I have nearly completed a PC-140 from a plan that was in Quiet & Electric Flight magazine. The plan was enlarged by 20% as I wanted a slightly larger version. Here are some images of the build so far.

Cheers B Lo
Mar 27, 2014, 07:02 AM
Just a few more images of the progress. The control system is almost finished, just need to trim the servo arms down and fit the 'pull pull' wires to the rudder. Once the test flight has been done, I will make up the dummy radial motor and finish off the cockpit.

Cheers B Lo
Mar 27, 2014, 04:43 PM
Looks great. Good luck.
Laddie.
Mar 28, 2014, 10:15 AM
How about a Canova in "stealth" color, really hard to tell if coming or going, maybe checkerboard instead. Wonder if designer was related to Judy Canova?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Canova
Mar 29, 2014, 04:59 AM
The Maiden flight has now been done and all is well, just requires a bit of right thrust to correct the left swing when power is applied. Now the detail can be added (motor, oleo covers, windshield etc.).

Cheers B Lo

Quick Reply