This thread is privately moderated by bigoledude, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 10, 2010, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

This is some examples of Davereap's landing gear

Davereap shared more landing gear designs

He writes:

After a bit of thought ive also made a trike system

In reference to the 1st pic:
"simple two part construction"

2nd pic:
"The wooden plate is thin ply 2" wide.. this takes two strips of velcro just nicely..And will fit on a Fuz of 2" upwards in width"

3rd pic:
"shown here the U/C is in two sections and is bound using fishing/dacron or upholstery thread, which is CA'd to fix"

Then Davereap gave us this

Twin legs for a flat bottom wing

Heres another one that ive made..Used for my 36" KFm4 Nutball or any plane that is built with a flat bottom.

The triangle of velcro holds it very well - its a b.... to get off

make the UC to the size and weight you require...

I used 2mm ply and a heavy gauge wire on the one in the pictures. it added 3oz and was for a plane that already weighed 25oz ... so the AUW was 28oz

an alternative to the triange shape would be a T shape for the ply, with all the bars 1" wide to take the velcro..
I required a heavy unit so just made a simple triangle shape
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply