Thread Tools
Jun 17, 2012, 04:17 PM
Air Crash Expert
sawman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Hi Sawman, were you using the Exposure? Was the camera on the front as designed? If you could post some pics when possible it would be fantastic. I was also wondering if the FMA Copilot would help the quality of vertical images, although without aileron control it may be pointless?
Yes and yes. Will post some pics next week when I get home.
I'm using a video downlink to fly the plane/keep wings level. No need for stabilization as the Exposure does that itself...of course it's not a "High-wind" ship either. On a calm day, it will fly itself better than I can.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2012, 06:22 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawman
Yes and yes. Will post some pics next week when I get home.
I'm using a video downlink to fly the plane/keep wings level. No need for stabilization as the Exposure does that itself...of course it's not a "High-wind" ship either. On a calm day, it will fly itself better than I can.
True perhaps stabilization was the wrong word, I was trying to think of an auto levelling device. Just cant keep it perfectly level when shes a dot in the sky!
Jun 19, 2012, 11:07 AM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
True perhaps stabilization was the wrong word, I was trying to think of an auto levelling device. Just cant keep it perfectly level when shes a dot in the sky!
I found my video and photo quality went way up when I flew with a downlink and could watch what I was doing. I'm sure part of that is due to me being inexperienced at RC flying though and constantly over correcting.

I put taller wheels on my Exposure last night, it gave me a few more camera mounting options..
Jun 19, 2012, 10:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr
I found my video and photo quality went way up when I flew with a downlink and could watch what I was doing. I'm sure part of that is due to me being inexperienced at RC flying though and constantly over correcting.

I put taller wheels on my Exposure last night, it gave me a few more camera mounting options..
looks like a getaway vehicle from a camera store robbery. I have several mounting options on mine also. It's doesn't seem to mind what you put on it, a very forgiving and flexible design.
Jun 20, 2012, 06:20 AM
Registered User
Theres no hiding when Glenstr flies over! haha looks great mate.
Jul 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
True perhaps stabilization was the wrong word, I was trying to think of an auto levelling device. Just cant keep it perfectly level when shes a dot in the sky!
you might want to look into one of these: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1596644
Jul 13, 2012, 10:25 AM
Registered User
Its like the guy on the street corner in New York, "hey you want to buy some watches"
Do you have enough camera's on that thing? Seriously that is got to be one of the best fixed wing solutions for AP I have seen yet.
Aug 21, 2012, 09:57 PM
Watt Waster
Tsavah's Avatar

Exposure and Heptad Designs - 2 Motors


I like both designs, but I am wondering if anyone has done one of these with 2 brushless motors? It looks like two smaller motors would be a really good option for long flights. At least that seems to be the opinion of some folks that have been in the hobby for more than a few years. Any one have a 2 motor design in use?
Latest blog entry: Center of Gravity - Airplanes
Aug 22, 2012, 04:18 AM
Begin with end in mind...
power's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavah
I like both designs, but I am wondering if anyone has done one of these with 2 brushless motors? It looks like two smaller motors would be a really good option for long flights. At least that seems to be the opinion of some folks that have been in the hobby for more than a few years. Any one have a 2 motor design in use?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1132997



Mike
Aug 28, 2012, 02:34 PM
Watt Waster
Tsavah's Avatar
Very nice. Just what I was wondering about. A few nights ago I was looking up an image for a German flying wing planned for WW2 and the design had two motors with the propellers on the main wing in the pusher configuration. I was thinking it was a great FPV option. The motors would be well away from the camera in or on the nose and away from the microphone. A flying wing arrangement seems like a natural for FPV and I have seen some with this purpose in mind, but not many as twin motors and as a pusher configuration. Wondering if any have done this?
Latest blog entry: Center of Gravity - Airplanes
Mar 30, 2013, 07:36 PM
No pressure
My exposure has seen tons of flights since I started flying here in 2011. Some more noteable that other, but all producing some nice pictures. I am running a Rebel XS with the stock 18-55mm lens and two thunderpower 2200mah packs. I can usually get more that 30 minutes of flying time with plenty of battery in reserve.

Some time back, I started a blog to showcase some of the better photos I get from my flights. http://planeguyperspective.blogspot.com/

I almost alway fly inside the levee system around the trinity river in dallas.

Hope you guys enjoy looking. Beside, this thread needed a bump.
Mar 31, 2013, 10:57 AM
Registered User
Twisted Sheets's Avatar
Thanks for posting and bumping.

Great pictures and I love the shot of your plane. I do want to build one, but will make it a pusher.

Thanks again.
Apr 02, 2013, 12:12 AM
Registered User
SupraGo's Avatar
Tsavah,
If you are looking for a twin prop flying wing, take a look at http://www.crashtesthobby.com/hercules-7278.html
Have a look around the site while you are there. They have some great videos.
And in case you are wondering, I fly a Super Solution.
Bill
Apr 02, 2013, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraGo
Tsavah,
If you are looking for a twin prop flying wing, take a look at http://www.crashtesthobby.com/hercules-7278.html
Have a look around the site while you are there. They have some great videos.
And in case you are wondering, I fly a Super Solution.
Bill
Nice to see a fellow AB'er with one of these planes - IIRC there was also a fellow from Red Deer that had one of Mikes designs, I think a SS as well. Be nice to get together sometime and get some air to air shots.
Apr 03, 2013, 12:41 AM
Registered User
SupraGo's Avatar
Sounds like a Solution
Bill


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Yet another AP platform..."DOUBLE EXPOSURE" power Aerial Photography 108 Sep 03, 2014 06:43 AM
Discussion Better DSLR Canon lens for AP Matt Gunn Aerial Photography 30 Jul 28, 2010 01:20 PM
Discussion AP platform for sale...maybe techspy Aerial Photography 0 Apr 29, 2010 10:31 AM
Discussion Have you seen this platform for AP/AV ? realtimerecon Aerial Photography 1 Apr 12, 2010 12:39 AM
Discussion Neat find for AP with a DSLR frogman1206 Aerial Photography 3 Feb 27, 2010 07:08 AM