May 08, 2010, 07:40 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Ultralight Trike Pusher (Rogallo Wing)

Here is a new and different way to construct a rogallo wing and plane.
RC Ultralight (1 min 19 sec)
Last edited by robros; Aug 26, 2010 at 03:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2010, 09:42 PM
What's that button do?
Nice! Looks like a great flier and lots of fun.
May 09, 2010, 08:24 AM
Turn 'N Burn
Looks real nice. Can you post some specs and dimensions? Where did you put the CG? What would you change next time? Thanks ;-)
May 10, 2010, 09:49 AM
Used to fly one of those suckers towed behind a snow machine. It's a wonder I'm still alive.

Gord.
May 12, 2010, 08:13 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
flypaper2,
With those long Canadian winters, a guy has to find a way to have fun somehow when you can't fly a model airplane. Bet that was a site to see.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Last edited by Conehead; May 12, 2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: finger hit the wrong key
May 12, 2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah, what we had was the rogallo hanglider, same wing as Robs. One guy sat backwards on the back of the 1970 640 Nordic with 300 ft. of Polypropylene line wrapped one turn around the back bumper and hanging on to the end of it just in case he had to let it go Took off downwind in about a 5 mph breeze to the other end of a 1/4 mile long field beside my shop. Was up probably 100 ft up when we got to the other end of th field and did a big curve around to head into the wind. First thing you know, this this thing is going almost straight up and creaking quite loud. Good thing I put some extra bracing wires on the outer tubes. Looked down and the snow machine was stopped directly below me and the rope was tight. My buddy driving, was looking behind trying to see where I was and the guy on the back pointed up.overhead. He hammered on the throttle to get ahead of me. Flew down to the other end of the field where we started, he let go of the rope and I glided down. More fun. Couldn't get my snowsuit off fast enough to change my shorts. Wouldn't trade that trip for anything. Ironic part is, there's an ultralite club field across and down the road from our flying field Sometimes one will fly over land, park it and watch our flying for a while.
Sorry for the nostalgia trip.

Gord.
May 14, 2010, 10:45 PM
now that is one cool machine.A real park flyer.....any plans in the future or even a drawing would be fine.??????
May 18, 2010, 11:50 PM
is this a dead thread now..Show us all your machine then disappear off the face of the planet.
May 19, 2010, 03:05 PM
Thread OP
Here is the beginning info to get started on building the kite Plane
Last edited by robros; May 26, 2010 at 06:36 PM.
May 19, 2010, 03:44 PM
Turn 'N Burn
Wow, that's pretty complete! Thanks. One thing I wasn't clear on was those connectors, where did you get those?
Thanks
May 19, 2010, 04:41 PM
Thread OP
Goodwinds.com has both carbon fiber tubes and the edge connectors.
May 24, 2010, 02:16 AM
Excellent my friend .... thank you very much..can now do some serious work.
cheers.
May 24, 2010, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
The build guide is complete, I need to redo some drawings before they are uploaded. The next upload will include pylon and fuselage construction. Let me know if you have any problems with the build guide so I can make revisions. I have never enjoyed any other plane as much as this one. Give it a try.
May 25, 2010, 10:59 AM
Suspended Account
What size of tortilla chips bag do I need to use?
May 26, 2010, 05:12 PM
Thread OP
Here is the Pylon upload, try to send Fuselage tomorrow.
Last edited by robros; May 26, 2010 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply