May 03, 2010, 01:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Suggest a fast elec offroad car for the sand.

Looking at getting something fun I can run down the beach of a freshwater island. Guess it needs to be 4wd. And it needs to be faster than a three legged German Shephard.

I'd also like to tkeepthe cost down. What do you guys suggest?
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2010, 02:46 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
4x4 slash with sand paddles.

Not sure about the dog.
May 03, 2010, 10:07 PM
well, a 4x4 slash would be good... but for sand, i think you'll be better with a 2wd. the front tires can get a front specific for sand, with a large rib, so it will turn much better. that and with sand, a lighter car will help out a lot. so i'd suggest a rustler vxl on 2-3s lipo, with proline sandpaws on the rear and the mohawk sc front sand tire up front. that will blow away the 3 legged german shepard.
May 04, 2010, 10:51 AM
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
I've used the 2WD Slash in the sand and never liked how the body liked to capture all of the sand and send it right into my spur and pinion gears. If you do use a Slash (4WD or 2WD) definitely look into either a body tray or just take the main body off completely to allow the sand to get out and behind the truck.
May 04, 2010, 06:36 PM
I feel the need for speed!
What about a "Sand" Viper??? Enclosed drive system for sand-free gears! Easily upgradable to faster motor too.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXMVP3&P=8
May 04, 2010, 10:10 PM
that might work. another is the savage flux. 6 cell lipo, and it will go 62 mph. and for the slash, get a baja bug shell for it for sand. the name suggests why it will help. or a bajr by jconcepts. i like the bug more though. or the gladiator by jconcepts.
May 05, 2010, 09:37 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1
What about a "Sand" Viper??? Enclosed drive system for sand-free gears! Easily upgradable to faster motor too.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXMVP3&P=8
That is a sweet looking little kit for $130.00 A sealed drive-train is a must. I would also suggest sealed bearings as well. I like the look of that kit.
May 05, 2010, 10:11 PM
that is a nice looking kit for $130. that's what a kit should cost. not more then the rtr. unless rtr electronics really are that bad, which doesn't seem likely.
May 06, 2010, 08:20 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5
Looking at getting something fun I can run down the beach of a freshwater island. Guess it needs to be 4wd. And it needs to be faster than a three legged German Shephard.

I'd also like to tkeepthe cost down. What do you guys suggest?
Sand and RCs, especially the included bearings, have a history of not getting along well together.

"keepthe cost down" in most cases equates to "you get what you pay for."
May 06, 2010, 09:15 AM
HPI Vorsa, HPI Baja 5B or 5T E conversion.
May 06, 2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_sammich
Sand and RCs, especially the included bearings, have a history of not getting along well together.

"keepthe cost down" in most cases equates to "you get what you pay for."
hmmm. why do they make paddle tires then. so you can drive on water(well, it is half the use if you waterproof the car yourself). the bearings do need to be worried about, but if your carefull in sand and clean the truck afterward and lube it up it will be fine. especially with how sealed some of todays rc's are(take the traxxas cars as an example).
May 06, 2010, 09:33 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Hmmmmmmm..............it possibly wont matter, i think Red5 may have stepped into quicksand..............
May 06, 2010, 11:53 PM
id go for the slash 2wd or 4wd your choice and if u had the money fo rfast and strong probably hpi vorza, one quick Q for the slash drivers out there, what is it with vw bug bodies?! the real car has been voted one of the ugliest and worst cars ever, so why put it on a CORR truck?
May 07, 2010, 08:52 PM
cause it's a classic man!(insert hippy voice here). in reality, because i love the look of a vw bug and it is just cool. that and it is original and awesome. i can't explain why, because i love the vw bugs. and well, It's a classic man!
May 07, 2010, 10:46 PM
Happy Trees
Old v dubs are cool. Buses, bugs, square and notch backs. You name name it, I like em all.

Quick Reply