Mar 18, 2011, 09:55 AM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarisiv
I just ordered the AddyX with the IPAs package and am very stoked about it. I do have a question about what the ARF comes with. Do I need to order a CF spinner from PA or elsewhere, or does that come as part of the package?
It doesn't come with a spinner. I would recommend getting the bling package.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2011, 09:56 AM
3D crash test dummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Hooper
It doesn't come with a spinner. I would recommend getting the bling package.
Thanks.
Mar 18, 2011, 10:00 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
edit
Mar 18, 2011, 11:19 AM
Flirtin With Disaster !!

ADX RealFlight 5.5

edited
Last edited by D.B. Hooper; Mar 18, 2011 at 07:04 PM.
Mar 22, 2011, 11:54 AM
Hooked for Life

Great News

Well, I ordered my Addiciton X a few weeks ago and have been waiting for the backordered prop and motor while helping my bro-in-law put his Addiction together. I got news that the container with my parts is arriving now at the US warehouse and My plane should ship tomarrow. Can't wait to get my hands on her frame, but it looks like I have one more weekend before starting my new addiction.

I also had a question about assembly. Does any woodglue work for strenthening the motor cage? I notice that most that post use the tribond II but I can't seem to find it locally. Maybe someone knows a large chain type stor that carries it like home depot, lowes or ace? I have some gorilla wood glue. Think this would do the job?
Mar 22, 2011, 07:14 PM
Space guzzler...
Hi all!

Given that this plane is so suited to flying at close quarters, it seems like a perfect candidate for night flying.

Anyone installed LEDs on this puppy? Could install internally and light it up from within.

I've never done this before (with any plane) but tempted to give it a crack for the hell of it (removable though so there's no weight penalty during the day)!

Night = no wind... hmmm

Tim
Mar 22, 2011, 07:30 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Just go to the $2 Dollar shop and get a pack of glowsticks. Tape them on and away you go. I've done it with a combat wing on the slope at night and it's pretty cool. As the AddyX is closer and slower should make for some good UFO footage.
Mar 22, 2011, 07:47 PM
Space guzzler...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze
Just go to the $2 Dollar shop and get a pack of glowsticks. Tape them on and away you go. I've done it with a combat wing on the slope at night and it's pretty cool. As the AddyX is closer and slower should make for some good UFO footage.
Cheap and cheerful! I like it.

Might just have to give that a crack. Just when I thought flying was taking up too much of my free time during the day...
Mar 22, 2011, 08:01 PM
Mayday! Mayday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newRCaddict

I also had a question about assembly. Does any woodglue work for strenthening the motor cage? I notice that most that post use the tribond II but I can't seem to find it locally. Maybe someone knows a large chain type stor that carries it like home depot, lowes or ace? I have some gorilla wood glue. Think this would do the job?
I think you mean "Titebond 2"; this is carried in all major hardware stores and is an excellent wood glue...
Mar 22, 2011, 08:12 PM
Thread OP
Ok guys so whos coming to SEFF?????? Michael Wargo and me will be there as early as possible, and we will be flying the new PA stuff!!!
Mar 22, 2011, 08:58 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Me too me too! I be there if I don't hit by a bus!
Mar 22, 2011, 09:21 PM
Space guzzler...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
Ok guys so whos coming to SEFF?????? Michael Wargo and me will be there as early as possible, and we will be flying the new PA stuff!!!
Any HINTS re "new PA stuff"????? C'mon... you know you want to

Tim
Mar 22, 2011, 09:22 PM
Chillin till SEFF
It's bigger than a bread box. Unless you look at head on
Mar 22, 2011, 09:36 PM
Space guzzler...
My guess is BIG... due for a larger bird....
Mar 22, 2011, 09:38 PM
Chillin till SEFF
I am not sure about that but I am almost certain it will have carbon fiber in it somewhere. Probably come in green too

Quick Reply