Jan 16, 2020, 01:54 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
So I was right ...thanks for confirming it
Last edited by yufasa; Jan 16, 2020 at 03:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2020, 03:24 PM
π
Last edited by Kasperwing; Jan 16, 2020 at 07:54 PM.
Jan 16, 2020, 05:12 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
My apologies to you all...not my usual self
Jan 17, 2020, 11:44 AM
Thread OP
Behind the scenes: PA Team get together (4 min 19 sec)
Jan 17, 2020, 02:30 PM
3D enthusiast
Shunkman: that CG issue may have a lot to do with your problems, for sure. If you can't get symmetrical trim you won't be flying upside-down and basically this becomes a sport plane rather than the 3D master that it truly is. I hope you can sort this out.

Your 2nd hand X is clearly on the heavy side (but still theoretically capable of flying nicely) and the previous owner tried to solve CG unsuccessfully by adding even more weight, as you know. If at all you can lighten the tail area weight that will make a world of difference.
Jan 17, 2020, 03:22 PM

Location of Vortex Generator slots on non opaque covering

I've looked at the videos, and stared at my wings, but cannot for the life of me locate the slots
for the vortex generators on my Addictions XL V2.

Are there any drawings or picture with measurements?
I have the white Addiction and just don't/cannot see the slots.

Thanks for any help
Bob
Jan 19, 2020, 08:11 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunkman
I flew my ADX for the second time today. It went a little better than the first flight. I used an APC prop this time. It still feels a little unstable and hard to trim. Is this considered normal for the ADX? I was even afraid to roll it inverted to check the CG.
Wow, I gotta say The last thing I would have expected was anyone to use the word unstable with this plane. Even affraid to invert. With reasonable settings, stable and controllable would be automatic. Not sure what could possibly be wrong or not right at the least.
Jan 20, 2020, 12:50 AM
Well, I have to say that I know Mike and Dan monitor the PA threads and would have to know the answer to my question.
Maybe they've been instructed to avoid me because I've had other issues with my XL V2.

I emailed Shaun as I've been instructed to do several times when I was having a rough time with my plane, but that was late Thursday afternoon and they were closed for the weekend.

Are the slots there, maybe.
I just can't find them with light or any other method because I have no idea where to look.
Just going to leave them off I guess.
Maybe I can put them in the classifieds, although I did scuff them up for installation.

Take care
Bob
Jan 20, 2020, 06:40 AM
'n boer maak 'n plan
I had a terrible time finding mine. The problem with solid colors instead of the original transparent ones is that you cannot see the slots and yes they are there... I have a really powerful flashlight that ultimately helped me for most but not all of the slots.
Jan 20, 2020, 07:18 AM
Thanks Yufasa
Jan 20, 2020, 10:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj
Well, I have to say that I know Mike and Dan monitor the PA threads and would have to know the answer to my question.
Maybe they've been instructed to avoid me because I've had other issues with my XL V2.

I emailed Shaun as I've been instructed to do several times when I was having a rough time with my plane, but that was late Thursday afternoon and they were closed for the weekend.

Are the slots there, maybe.
I just can't find them with light or any other method because I have no idea where to look.
Just going to leave them off I guess.
Maybe I can put them in the classifieds, although I did scuff them up for installation.

Take care
Bob
Bob, no one in this world has been "instructed" to ignore you.. you have to consider sometimes you post at midnight or during the weekend and at that time im sleeping or far far away from the computer... im also at a totally different time zone than you lol...

PA support are not working on the weekend and any question posted on Friday after hours will only be answered on Monday (to make it clear im not part of tech support and not involved with it, the only way to reach pa support is through [email protected])

anyway here is some pics of adxl and adxl i put together some time ago of where the slots are.
Jan 20, 2020, 10:16 AM
Thank you Dan
Jan 20, 2020, 10:17 AM
Thread OP
Also a tip to find where the slots are, you can use a very bright flashlight (even most modern cell phone flash light works excellent for this) What i usually do, is turn off all the room lights, then when the room is dark, place a flashlight on the bottom or top of the wing, and it will reveal all of the slots, then you do a light cut with a sharp exacto blade, sometimes the bottom is easier to find the holes than on the top, so if this happens, then after the holes on the bottoms are cut, you can use a very tiny carbon rod or pin, or anything that is long and narrow enough to insert into the slot, then mark a tiny hole in the covering where the slot is. Once you get the technique, you wil see next time you have to find vg slots it will be super easy and take just a few minutes.
Jan 20, 2020, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyathi
Shunkman: that CG issue may have a lot to do with your problems, for sure. If you can't get symmetrical trim you won't be flying upside-down and basically this becomes a sport plane rather than the 3D master that it truly is. I hope you can sort this out.

Your 2nd hand X is clearly on the heavy side (but still theoretically capable of flying nicely) and the previous owner tried to solve CG unsuccessfully by adding even more weight, as you know. If at all you can lighten the tail area weight that will make a world of difference.
Thanks for your input. I'll try flying it again with an expo adjustment and if I still have trouble I'll see if anything can be done to lighten the tail. The previous owner put some kind of alarm on it that I can remove. Its installed mid fuselage though.
Feb 06, 2020, 09:41 AM
PA Team Pilot
Hey guys... Here's the last video in my series unbox to setup video for the XL

Michael Wargo- PA Addiction XL Flying... PT. 4 of unbox, setup and Flight series and crash at end! (8 min 47 sec)

Quick Reply