Robert Musters artificial birds - RC Groups
May 02, 2010, 04:02 PM
There's magic in those wings !
Discussion

Robert Musters artificial birds

Hi

Here are all the videos of Mr Robert Musters

Ornithopter: RC Robot Bird: Artificial peregrine falcon (4 min 15 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWDKG...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag8Bb...eature=channel

Khaled
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2010, 11:33 PM
My favorites! I also noticed the "New" wing design he has on the artifical Bald Eagle...I like them better. I wish he'd come to city, I would love to see his birds up close....
May 04, 2010, 09:19 PM
Nice job, Khaled. I think there are some more of Robert's clips out there, hope you can dig them out. I enjoy watching his clips very much just like everybody.
May 05, 2010, 08:10 AM
Thanks LIG

I remember there were a few by a youtube user called backtrack .. but I can't seem to find them

Khaled
May 05, 2010, 09:08 AM
From time to time Mr. Musters may remove his videos for personal reasons.

Here's one abbreviated one. I have all his videos.
Horck R/C bird (0 min 42 sec)
May 08, 2010, 10:08 AM
Closed Account
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr5JSFad4qw
Last edited by bluefalconhollan; May 08, 2010 at 11:29 AM.
May 08, 2010, 10:20 AM
Allright, Mr. Musters decided to join us. More clips, please. Thanks
May 08, 2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the clip Mr Musters. Did you upgrade your Goshawks' motor? It's the fastest I've ever seen your Ghawk flap..impressive!

May we see some pictures also of your Bald eagle up grades."? The wings look very nice this time around.
Cheers!
May 26, 2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTlv6lLXTb0

this one is really fast

Khaled
Jun 16, 2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalconhollan
Impressive .. the top quality is so obvious even from the video ... yeah definitely worth thousands ... $$$.. too good to be owned at least for me

Khaled
Jun 16, 2010, 06:42 AM
I wonder if it is possible to equip those birds with FPV equipment, to have a better control of it chasing birds or spying ...and this camera will be built into the eyes of the bird ... maybe two for stereo vision (an added depth dimension for even more convenient flying)

but of course some type of special vibration dampening system must be used to eliminate the vertical shaking from the video transmitted ...

hmmm,.. maybe a fast digital brushless servo and a very sensitive height(z) sensor can be used to compensate for the unwanted vertical shaking produced by flapping ...

Wow ... just imagine yourself looking behind the eyes of an eagle .. soaring at massive heights ... what a wonderful feeling ....

Khaled
Jun 16, 2010, 07:49 AM
Closed Account
Me too Khaled! I already work on that to get it fixed. Not easy so if you have any suggestions to get a camera stabilisized, you are welcome! Fixed wing models are no problem:

Robert Musters & Remy (5 min 36 sec)

Volando entre buitres HD. Flying with vultures HD. (6 min 38 sec)
Last edited by bluefalconhollan; Jun 16, 2010 at 07:55 AM.
Jun 16, 2010, 03:36 PM
Hi Mr Robert

This is what I mean .. but at a much faster rate (frequency) this is why a digital high speed bushless servo is needed and of course some sort of gyro or some vertical frequency sensing micro device , that keeps sending correction signals to the servo to compensate for the unwanted shaking

Please see the last part of the video where the owner shows a demo of the stabilized camera mount
Mikrokopter Quad-X with Interchangeable Camera Mount & Video Transmission System.wmv (5 min 31 sec)

The question is can this be down at much higher rate (flapping rate ) ???!!

Khaled