Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
Anyone thinking about flying Saturday?
I might be able to for a few. Ive been editing video for a major project at work for a week and its almost done. Just need to translate all the graphics to German real quick and I'll be done... <ahem>
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:59 PM
Find More Posts by electrich
DLG addict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
I might be able to for a few. Ive been editing video for a major project at work for a week and its almost done. Just need to translate all the graphics to German real quick and I'll be done... <ahem>
I had four years of German in high school and a year in college. Aber, ich weiß nichts.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by Khosravi
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
I might come out to fly today as well. Have a scratch-built wing I need to test.

edit - Headed out there now. should be there by 1. I could use a spotter for my fpv wing if anyone is interested.

-Chris
Last edited by Khosravi; Dec 08, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by blively
Gymnast I could probably meet you out there around 2p. What site you going to?
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:41 PM
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
DFC-1 (unless it's busy there with construction) - otherwise, I'll probably go to DFC-2

Edit, I'll be there at 2.

-Chris
Last edited by Khosravi; Dec 08, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Im coming out as well, looking forward to a few batteries with the guys!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by rpstar
Hey Rich, I flew my Alula at the field today also! When the CG is just right it floats very nicely. Fun as a distraction in between powered flights.

Nice day today. Unfortunately there were a few crashes at our field today but not by MLT or myself, although I did partially knock the gear out of my 48" Edge (my own stupid fault) but that's easy enough to fix.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:12 PM
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
Video of Bradley flying is Addiction:
(watch in HD for best quality)

Bradley Bauman - PA Addiction 12/8/12 - DFC-1 (5 min 35 sec)
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by rpstar
What happened to your cowl Bradley?
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:03 PM
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
GoPro video from this evening. Boring video but captured Rich, Bradley and Brandon flying all below me.

GoPro on the Glider (12 min 42 sec)

-Chris
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by BeechMusketeer
Nice videos guys. Got some flying in at Air Acres near Roswell today off the turf runway. tomorrow looks like a better day for STMNT.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:02 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
@Chris~ Great photos Chris!!! I had a fantastic session with all y'all!

@RP~ After stuffing all those LED's inside, I had to move the flight battery (3s2650mAh), LED battery (3s500mAh), and place an additional 49grams of lead onto the motor mount. With all the items I relocated to the mount, I could not fit the cowl on well; moreover, I could not access the flight battery or the LED battery with the cowl on... its ugly, but unnoticeable when flying at night as intended (avatar). I was discussing it with Rich today, I think we (hopefully he is willing to help) are going to try to work on a clamshell magnetic cowl to be ready before SEFF.

Despite moving all the weight that I have put under the hood, I am still about 4+ inches behind the recommended CG. This is the only plane I have ever flown that is so tail-heavy, it requires pulling back on the stick about 1/4 just to maintain level flight. Otherwise, it will go from inverted harrier to hover in a second...
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vapor Trails; Dec 08, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:11 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Hey Joel, missed ya out at DFC today! Where/what is Air Aces? Sounds cool Was this full scale?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vapor Trails; Dec 09, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeechMusketeer View Post
Nice videos guys. Got some flying in at Air Acres near Roswell today off the turf runway. tomorrow looks like a better day for STMNT.
Where is this??
Administrator