Jul 09, 2010, 10:08 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
it was HOT; but I was able to put a few packs through the Ultimate AMR and Jim joined me in the suffering heat. may be back out tonight... i think its only supposed to get up to 95 today.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2010, 04:18 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
any of you diehards goin out for a fly tonight?
Jul 09, 2010, 04:26 PM
Just a former Heli Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
any of you diehards goin out for a fly tonight?
Not me. I left midtown at 3pm and shot straight north.

Jim
Jul 09, 2010, 07:57 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Well, the Cub fuselage is just too far gone for me to WANT to repair...and have it look somewhat decent
I am just going to bite the bullet and order a new fuse, since the wings and tail feathers are in perfect shape.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...1#quickSupport
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jul 10, 2010, 08:40 PM
Whirly Bird Fanatic

Crash NO Burn....

Well, in trying to learn Idle Up mode (Stunt)... I knew I probably would forget at some point. Dumb Thumbed my Blade 400 right into the ground today. It was really windy, probably 8-12 with gusts up in the mid to upper 20's. The wind helped just by making altitude adjustments a constant bother. I was about 6 ft off the ground and a gust had me going up so I "lowered the throttle" (as in forgot about idle up)...just for a split second.

Already have that thing fixed. New landing struts, tail shaft, main shaft, feathering shaft, blades, flybar, boom winglet, main drive gear and tail boom and new gears in one servo. Tail blades are nicked up but I forgot them. Good as new!

I did have a lot of fun and flew several in my fleet learning all the time!

My only regret is that I was really thinking about trying a loop and would have prefered to crash trying that!
Jul 10, 2010, 08:42 PM
Whirly Bird Fanatic

Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
Well, the Cub fuselage is just too far gone for me to WANT to repair...and have it look somewhat decent
I am just going to bite the bullet and order a new fuse, since the wings and tail feathers are in perfect shape.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...1#quickSupport
Thats the ticket!! Sweet way to be able to fix it!
Jul 10, 2010, 08:51 PM
Thread OP
Anybody flying tomorrow?
Jul 10, 2010, 11:18 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
u bet! Thanks for the help with the Micro Bipe and the F-35. I would not be flyin without your assistance!

The bipe is hands down the most joyful, slow, and easiest to fly micro I have put in the air. I dont have any pics yet so bring your cam next time you go to the field!

The Jet did not fly, realized I needed a 12" deans extension to reach the battery tray so I got one on the way home from PCMA today. I would hope to get it up tomorrow...it is late, I guess I mean later today... Anyway, let me know when you want to go and I will come fly with ya.

I am out. I have had a tough couple nights. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ time.

BB
Jul 11, 2010, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
Im flying today at 12:30
Jul 11, 2010, 10:45 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
see you soon
Jul 11, 2010, 06:24 PM
Just a former Heli Nut
Nice flying with you guys today. Sorry about your fleet, Bradley.
Jul 11, 2010, 06:38 PM
I wanna say thanks too Webdr and Bsbauman. Had a good time and learned quite a lot!
Jul 11, 2010, 09:28 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
dah.. its okay Jim, always enjoy flyin with ya. Lark, it was great to finally meet you.

I am not going to look at anything rc for a day or two...
Jul 12, 2010, 12:25 PM
Just a former Heli Nut
DFC is on the map... http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...3e02c5d15b02ff
Jul 14, 2010, 09:58 AM
Just a former Heli Nut
Wednesday July 14

My plan is to stop by this evening on my way home from work - around 6:30 if it's not raining... Anyone else?

Quick Reply