Apr 29, 2010, 10:15 PM
Gigaah
Thread OP
Discussion

Are there any chargers that will or can be modified easily to be a CC power supply?

I don't need much in the way of amperage. Cheap is the key. Ideally in the 3v range but i'll take what ever I can get. Im just looking for an adjustable constant current power supply. I thought you guys might know of days gone past unsafe lipo chargers or something current and cheapish that I could get my hands on.

I'm looking to power high wattage LED lights if that help.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2010, 10:48 PM
I have used commonly available LM317 and LM350 regulators as constant current supplies in the past with fantastic success. National's datasheet has application notes that does a great job of describing how to use the regulator as a constant current source. If current is low enough you may not even need a heatsink.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...r/DS009061.PDF

Mark
Apr 30, 2010, 06:36 PM
Gigaah
Thread OP
Could you explain or draw up how it together. after reviewing the data sheet I have some idea and do feel safe trying it out but i'm not sure exactly how to wire it and what resistance and wattage resistors are needed
May 01, 2010, 02:15 AM
Another primer...

http://users.telenet.be/davshomepage/current-source.htm

Mark
May 01, 2010, 04:48 AM
Gigaah
Thread OP
got it. Thanks!

Quick Reply