Predator Drone - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by nxtee4509, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 28, 2010, 09:37 PM
Build, fly, CRASH, repeat
Discussion

Predator Drone

The Predator drone , MQ-1, MQ-9 , The Reaper . Ohhh now these are some bad @ss radio control planes. When I saw the plans and video of this UAV
foamie my interest was peaked. My builds are usually in the 30inch wingspan area but what the heck a 60 incher coudnt be to tough to build and fly for a blucore foamie.
The original plan calls for cutting the nose section out of solid foam. I used Google Sketchup instead and a plugin program to slice the image into 6 mm sections . These were printed out like a plan and I glued these sections to form the front pod.
This same technique was used to design the air intake. Although the front pod is a little bulbous or fat in my model someone could easily design a more scale or realistic plan using the same technique. And the same can be said of the air intake or any other cowling.
Last edited by nxtee4509; Apr 28, 2010 at 10:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2010, 10:10 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
that uav looks really sweat do you have an onboard camera?
Apr 28, 2010, 10:33 PM
Build, fly, CRASH, repeat
Have not gotten some bugs out yet. The wing is presenting some problems with washout.The plan designer recommends adding wing tips, similar I guess to what some gliders use. If this fix works and and some other adjustments tame this plane I would love to add a camera. The front pod section is completely empty.
Jan 06, 2012, 04:05 PM
hi , Please put the aircraft on the plan here . thanks