Apr 28, 2010, 12:15 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Can't set brake on Hyperion Titan from TX programming?

I'm trying to set up a Hyperion Titan ESC in a friend's glider and having a problem: I can't set the brake.

The instructions say to pull the stick within 5 seconds of the setup mode tones to change the brake... but when I do that it only ever beeps for "brake off." I can't set the brake to be on.

I did a search and while I found someone else having the same problem I didn't find a solution short of buying the Emeter. Any tips short of buying the Emeter to engage the brake?

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2010, 02:22 PM
AMA 754
The Titan USB programming cable is a lot less money than the Emeter. Software to go with it is free.
Apr 28, 2010, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
That would work too and be cheaper than the Emeter... but if there's a way to set the brake from the TX without spending any money my friend would appreciate that.
Apr 28, 2010, 02:57 PM
AMA 754
First, is your throttle trim all the way down? Sometimes the ESC won't recognize the throttle full off off stick position without doing so. If you hear the initial setup tone and do nothing, does the ESC sound the next parameter tone? What size and version is the Titan? (Most current version says 'V3.1' in the lower right corner of the heatsink plate.)
Apr 28, 2010, 04:03 PM
Thread OP
TX trim is down far enough to recognize, I can program all the other programming parameters.

No version on the heatsink plate.

The brake almost seems like an afterthought for TX programming as you have to "stick down" after the initial programming tones to get to the brake mode. As soon as I move the throttle down after the setup tones I get the beeps confirming "brake off" and then the ESC exits programming mode. I never get the tones for "brake on."

If I wait 5 seconds after the "programming" tones, it immediately moves onto the battery type beeps and skips the brake section entirely.

Quick Reply