Jun 06, 2003, 08:29 PM
Pedal Power!
Thread OP

conspiracy theory WMD and Sammy

So you are wondering what in the world these two things have to so with one another and the answer is nothing except that they both have me thinking about conspiracy. From what I've heard in the mainstream media we have all but admitted that there were no WMD in Iraq other then those two inactive mobile med labs they found. I am shocked by this to the core. It wouldn't have surprized me one way or the other if Iraq did or didn't have WMDs. What is surprizing to me is that we didn't find any. Even if there were none to be found I would have bet a paycheck that we would have found some anyway even if we had to bring them ourselves. It looks bad to not have found any WMDs so it is remarkable that we didn't frame Iraq with a supply of our own. How tuff would it be to hide a few tubes of anthrax in some med lab somewhere to make it look like Iraq had WMDs? Not finding any WMDs increases my faith in the system's honesty 100%.

Even after a 100% boost I'm still highly suspicious of what I see/read/hear in the media. It wouldn't surprize me one little bit if Sammy got caught with the cork bat on purpose. There is no such thing as bad publicity.
Jun 07, 2003, 06:06 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
what??
Jun 07, 2003, 08:14 AM
de-registered abuser
I'm with large one on this...What??
How many people out there still think it was about weapons?.

I'm talking about people within the US 'cause their ain't too many outside your fine country that think so.

And what's all the fuss about cork bats anyway?
Disclaimer: I know not much about baseball so be kind!

Cheers
Paul
Jun 07, 2003, 10:48 AM
29 rods from you in western WI

Re: conspiracy theory WMD and Sammy

Quote:
lakedude wrote
From what I've heard in the mainstream media we have all but admitted that there were no WMD in Iraq
then,
Quote:
lakedude wrote
I'm still highly suspicious of what I see/read/hear in the media.
Sounds like you're admitting to selective perception.

We all know that the WMD smuggling trade is going both ways: inside homerun baseballs to mules planted in the crowd, and inside hollowed bats. We all know MLB is mind-controlling us, I saw it on an episode of The Simpsons!
Jun 07, 2003, 04:46 PM
Pedal Power!
Thread OP
Quote:
what??
Sorry I realize that what is in my head can be a little hard to follow at times. The underlying theme is conspiracy. I don't trust what I see/read/hear in the media to be the whole truth. I believe that the outcome of many sporting events is pre-determined by some Godfather figure in Las-Vegas. Pro-wrassling is clearly not a true competition. Team sports might be harder to rig but clearly the networks can sell more add time if the world series goes the full 7 games then if it is a shutout.

Is anybody surprized anymore that on the next Jerry Springer there is gonna be a fight? Let me look into my crystal ball....Hmmmm the "gods" say that on the next Jerry show a fight with lots of shouting will break out.

The "gods" also predict that on the cover of next weeks cleb mags:

1) a celb will be caught cheating on a partner

2) a celb will confess to being hooked on some kind of dope.

3) a celb will file for divorce.

4) a celb will get praise for being "clean" but others who have never been dirty in the first place shall recieve no praise.

5) a celb will do something just to get attention.

#5 is where I believe that it is possible that Sammy fits in. On one hand getting caught with a corked bat is bad on the other hand it has been years since Sammy made the headlines and now eveybody is talking about him again. I'm allowing for the possibility that he did that suff on purpose to get attention.
Jun 08, 2003, 03:05 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
I love those conspiracy theorys too, but you have to consider the bigger the lie, the more people are involved.
The classic is the moon landings. Now just assume they never happened, how many people would have be involved?. There is NO WAY they could ALL be paid off. Forgetting all the NASA staff who probably signed some non disclosure form,- what about the film crew on that set where they filmed the landings. Someone would of talked by now.
Likewise it is no longer right or noble to just shutup and say nothing about what you saw in a war; so surely if some private saw something going on in Iraq it would soon be out on the internet or Sixty Minutes.
As far as Sammy,- Ive never seen a MLB game but it strikes me that the hard part must be just getting bat on ball(Ive seen The Rookie!).
And as far as those celebs go who cares? actors are just doing a job that most of the rest of us could do if we could get over the embarassment of showing emotions in front of strangers.
Rich.
P.S I will not hear a bad word about Jerry, I love watching trailer trash duking it out on TV.
Last edited by Richard ll; Jun 08, 2003 at 03:08 AM.
Jun 08, 2003, 08:26 PM
de-registered abuser
JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

What i hate about this trash tv is they sensor the fight scenes. (In oz anyway) All you get to see is the girl with the handfull of hair off the cheating sister/mother....
Bring back the biff!!!
Last edited by gouch; Jun 08, 2003 at 08:30 PM.
Jun 09, 2003, 04:13 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Hi Paul.
Nice to speak to a local- I live at Hornsby(about as far north as you can go in Sydney before hitting the badlands of the Central Coast).
Have you listened closely to the audiences on Jerry Springer?- some of what they are yelling out about the "guests" is hilarious.
Where and what do you fly?
I checked your profile and saw that you're a motocycle mechanic so one question. Why does my '87 GSXR1100 clutch slip badly when I put Mobil1 in it?. All the clutch plates are well within spec and it doesnt slip when I use normal 20w50 oil?
Cheers Rich
Jun 09, 2003, 05:12 AM
de-registered abuser
Stick with the oil that works. You can waste a lot of money on oil that generally isn't required. Don't believe the hype! Clean cheaper oil is better than dirty 30'000km old $25.00 a litre stuff.
I personally haven't much experience with mobil 1 so I can't comment on the qualities of it but have had similar probs with shell vsx4.

Just because the plates measure up ok, dosen't mean they are still good, like brake pads they can get a glaze on them or the springs may not have the pressure the clutch requires any longer.
It sounds as though it's on the border of slipping regardless of what oil is in it. You obv. can pull out the plates yourself going off your post so you can try getting the steels lightly sandblasted (if you do make sure it's a fine mix, you don't want to erode them This can sometimes help the fibres grip to the steels better. Make sure they are completely flat before you spend the dough. If it shudders when you slowly release the clutch it's also a sign of warped steel plates. it's reasonably common on gsxr's Oh, it goes without saying don't blast the fibres. they are either good, or not

I fly slope stuff around belmont and newcastle but like most r/c'ers iv'e got a shed full of half finished slimers and electric stuff waiting for money and time to make them fly! not to mention the sloper i've half finished!!

i'd love to "hide" in the audience on springer and abuse the transexual hooker who slept with his girlfriends mother who is actually a man!! (not that there's anything wrong with that!)
Jun 10, 2003, 04:39 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Thanks for the heads up on sandblasting the shiny clutch plates. I disassembled the clutch about a year ago,- at the time I ordered new fibre(cork?) plates and springs. After measuring things the fibre plates were only just under new specs-new 1.04-mine 1.03-allowable down to .97(this is all from memory-cant find the bl***y manual).the springs were all over the place so were replaced with good results. guess a good winter project might be to pull it all apart again.I cant really expect much, the bikes got 85000 on the clock so is probably due for a rebuild . Still its great on those sunny days up the old road.
I wonder what the guest get out of Jerry Springer? a couple of weeks ago a girl (26 or so)wanted to marry her dad!!!!!. Can you imagine the abuse from the audience? for about five minutes you couldnt hear a word for all the bleeping! great stuff!
Is belmont the big hill overlooking the beach? if so it is a great site, if its the place I'm thinking of (I was there after christmas)watching hang gliders at work.
Cheers Rich
Jun 10, 2003, 10:22 AM
de-registered abuser
Quote:
Is belmont the big hill overlooking the beach
Most of newy is overlooking the beach
Belmont is south of newcastle by about 15 min.
If you come up the freeway and take the swansea turn off,
you'll find it about 5 min north of swansea.
(you could be mistaken for thinking we were in England, with suburbs like Cardiff, hexham, etc!!)
You probably were at hickson st. looking south east down to the beach. The suburb there is merewether which is waaay out of my price range.
Houses at the headland go for about 1 mil nowdays But the flying there is great and although we fly with hangliders on weekends everyone gets on fine, with due respect given to the gliders.

Quick Reply