Jul 01, 2010, 04:33 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
sent PM instead.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2010, 01:59 AM
smithy
Thread OP
Bloody hell mate you don't have much luck. Fingers crossed its nothing serious. I know how it feels to be in and out of hospital for tests but as mr. python would say 'always look on the bright side of life'. Anyway, we need you back on your feet so that you can get on with that Jag!!

Regards
Phil
Jul 02, 2010, 03:03 PM
Phil

Monty Python also said...................."noone expects the Spanish Inquisition". LOL. thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm sure I will have lots of time to get the Jag completed. especially if I get some time off work because of this.

Rich
Aug 04, 2010, 04:13 PM
smithy
Thread OP
Just a quick note to say whats happening with the 'Froggy'. Not much!!! Unfortunately been pulling stupidly long shifts at work so not had any time recently to do anything. Trying to find time between two jobs is just impossible. Still, keeps the bank manager happy i suppose. Hopefully things quiet down in a couple of weeks so i can blow the dust of it and get it finished

Phil
Aug 04, 2010, 08:59 PM
Some epoxy & it flies again...
Hey Jumpy, good luck, of course we want to see it finished.
Keep in mind the old saying: The day has 24 hours and when that is not enough, use the night in addition
Aug 04, 2010, 11:29 PM
Phil

keep plugging away at it whenever you get the time to do so. work is more important anyway, or there is no hobby to enjoy. LOL. plus, you gotta keep the wife happy before you can enjoy the hobby aswell. hopefully you'll find the time to get back to it again. I haven't done anything to the Jaguar lately. just finished the last of my testing and been flying my new Parkzone Spitfire and Sapac Eurofighter to pass the time spent at home. LOL. I'll get back at the Jag, come winter time. fingers crossed.

Rich
Aug 11, 2010, 12:16 PM
Must be something in the water in the SW of England that helps folks produce fantastic EDF models. Is it the Chris Golds influence ?
Aug 11, 2010, 01:06 PM
LOL. might be.
Aug 13, 2010, 02:57 AM
smithy
Thread OP
Too kind Dave, thanks. Managed to get a couple of hours in last night fitting and shaping the inlets. Roll on september, season finishes, more time to get back on the build. Btw Rich, hows tricks, hope the testing went ok.

Phil
Aug 13, 2010, 04:35 PM
the testing went good Phil. or about as well as a test could be where you have to drink a gallon of Barium before a 4 hour test (the last one). that stuff is nasty as hell. LOL. I still don't have my results yet, but should have them within the next 3 or 4 days. sometimes, the health system is slower than pouring Treacle on a winters day. LOL. till you get back to the build, keep your planes in the air and your throttle as an on/off switch. hahahahaha.

Rich
Sep 17, 2010, 02:29 PM
smithy
Thread OP
Finally got some time to myself again to get back to the 'Froggy'. Saying that though, only got a few days before off to Turkey for well overdue holiday. Anyway, here's a couple of pics of progress so far. Inlet cowlings have been fitted and sanded to shape and tail section built, including brake chute and tail antenna. All control surfaces made and sanded, but wont be fitted until last. Still a lot of sanding and filling to do yet though.

Phil
Sep 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
Cajun-American
Alright!

I was looking at this thread the other day hoping you would get started on it again.

Julian
Sep 17, 2010, 10:06 PM
glad to see you back at it Phil. it looks amazing.

by the way, the testing went well and I'm happy to report that I'm completely clear of anything. so back to real life. LOL.

Rich
Sep 18, 2010, 03:03 AM
smithy
Thread OP
Rich, that is great news now you can concentrate on the Jag. getting a bit worried about the weight of this beast, so far its upto just under 4lb without glass covering, paint and internals. Done quite a bit of redesigning and the production model should be lighter. Btw, when i come to glass it do i need to seal the wood with anything before applying the glass coat?

Phil
Sep 18, 2010, 03:08 AM
smithy
Thread OP
Hey Julian, sorry for the delay I've been keeping up with your F86 and F100 threads, they are absolute beauty's, if mine turns out half as good as them then i'll be happy

Phil

Quick Reply