Light Rx for Aurora 9 - Page 2 - RC Groups
Nov 03, 2010, 07:40 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
FWIW, I've recently found that you can take off the BODA portion of the stock antenna, and end up with one that looks just like GUZ's. It's pretty easy, but don't blame me if you damage your RX, Antenna, Airplane, etc....

1. Carefully cut heat-shrink off of the BODA. I used a #11 X-Acto blade with the blade portion facing AWAY from the antenna, carefully slipping it between the antenna sheath and heat-shrink.

2. Slide brass-looking portion of the BODA off the end of the antenna. This will expose a plastic looking piece held onto the antenna with a metal clip.

3. Loosen metal clippy thin from the plastic insert dealy-ma-bopper. I used a dental pick, then tiny screwdriver, then slid it off the antenna.

Now, your antenna should look just like the BODA-less one GUZ pictured above.

The downsides...

1. your warrantee just went buh-bye...
2. no "back-up" antenna, should something go wrong with the set-up GUZ posted.

P.S. Looking forward to the Minima 6E. Looks to be a fantastic F3K antenna, especially for full carbon fuse/Carbon D-Box planes!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2010, 01:21 PM
Space Cowboy
So I was looking at those pictures of the modification, I am curious, can you have the antenna come out the same side as the servo pins without adverse effects? Obviously in certain DLG configurations antenna positions can be different.

I am sure waiting for the Minima 6E will not happen for me
Dec 01, 2010, 02:27 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
I don't see why not, the connector on the board is round, so just put the antenna in the direction you want it, then heatshrink it.
Dec 16, 2010, 08:28 PM
If you guys are using these in a gym there is no need for the antenna at all. I have been flying my indoor models (foamys) with no antenna or case for the past couple months and have not had a problem yet, this is with the 6 and 7ch RX. I just put the boda up for the spring for outdoor flying. In the gym, I'm not flying over 150" away...
Dec 16, 2010, 08:40 PM

Optima 6 LITE due Jan 2011 announced

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}
Updated, beside others, perhaps of immediate interest:
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Light Weight Minima 6E, 6T & new Optima_6 LITE Receivers plus Caseless Weights for 6 & 7ch Optima.
now includes:
. Optima 6 LITE "Introducing the Optima 6 LITE w/battery telemetry. Weight: 7g Available early Jan '11"- Mike"
. Optima 6 LITE - Correction Sorry, I was wrong on the 7g, that's without the BODA which you could remove it you want, but with the BODA it's 8.5g. - Mike."
. 14Jan11: Optima 6 Lite homepage.

Alan T.
Last edited by A.T.; Feb 14, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
Sep 05, 2017, 03:19 AM
Guys do you get a surface reciever for the Aurora 9.....want to use it in a rc boat
Sep 05, 2017, 05:39 PM
All Thumbs

Good question Nitro!

Hmmm, the Aurora 9X broadcasts on SLT, so we may be able to drive SLT surface Rx - perhaps Tactic?

OTOH, Tower is selling Hitec Maxima 9's in their boat and surface categories - light, high resolution, low latency, and about $40 with warrantee.

Then again, super high-res Axion 2 Receiver and Proton 4 runs AFHSS - should be compatible with the A9X, yes? Unless there's some FCC rule against binding.

Dunno.
Sep 06, 2017, 12:41 PM
Team Hitec, Sales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro boater
Guys do you get a surface reciever for the Aurora 9.....want to use it in a rc boat
You can use any of the Optima or Minima air receivers with the Aurora 9, you just need to get the antenna as high off the water as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
Hmmm, the Aurora 9X broadcasts on SLT, so we may be able to drive SLT surface Rx - perhaps Tactic?

OTOH, Tower is selling Hitec Maxima 9's in their boat and surface categories - light, high resolution, low latency, and about $40 with warrantee.

Then again, super high-res Axion 2 Receiver and Proton 4 runs AFHSS - should be compatible with the A9X, yes? Unless there's some FCC rule against binding.

Dunno.
Tactic SLT protocol only works with Tactic air receivers. You cannot link any of the Hitec AFHSS surface receivers to air transmitters- while the AFHSS protocols may be similar, the entire in depth processes with how the transmitters link and talk to the receivers are completely different.

Keep in mind the Maxima receivers are designed to run with digitals- you cannot use analog servos, and they only link with the Flash 7, 8, and Aurora 9X.
Latest blog entry: Steaming dents out of foam