Feb 21, 2017, 02:35 PM
OK I have read you book very informative, and I am ready to learn from you if you are still willing to help, How do I put you in skype?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2017, 11:04 PM
My name is Mark and I am 62 yr and I had my flight school with captjac this last Saturday and boy did I learned a lot from him. ��
He spent time with me setting up my radio and learning about the curve , how to set up phoenix which I did not know how to do and did not want to do in fear of messing thinks up.
He spent time explaining everything to me and made sure I understood what I was learning.

For those that have not done it and want to please don't wait drop him a note to sign up.
If he can help this 62 year old he can help you.
Thanks captjac for helping me out and spending your evening with me.
what a joy it is flying the hili on the sim it's getting me ready for the real world
Feb 23, 2017, 12:54 PM
My name is Naga
Quote:
Originally Posted by sing23

OK I have read you book very informative, and I am ready to learn from you if you are still willing to help, How do I put you in skype?
Mr Sing, you need to contact the Capt via the Private Messaging system on RCGroups rather than posting these requests on the thread.

Just click the little envelope icon on the left at the bottom of one of his posts.
May 07, 2017, 05:01 AM
I did take the flight school last Wednesday. I have no words to describe how meticulously captjac helped me set up my phoenix and get the model hovering. Clear crisp and precise on each step of the setup. The explanation provided was just icing on the cake. Really amazing. I can't thank him enough to start this school for beginners like me who have been struggling with this for years.

One advise to all fellow beginner pilots.. Dont think... Just send a message to him and you will be thankful to him forever like I am.
Jun 16, 2017, 09:49 AM
Is what I'm doing helping?
Time for a bump.
Jul 16, 2017, 08:00 AM
Is what I'm doing helping?
Don't know if the flight school is still active, but figured I would give it another bump.
Jul 16, 2017, 12:17 PM
My name is Naga

Phoenix User Made Models

I have been making some cool new models to fly in Phoenix.

They are available on rickp's thread where there are loads more models, mainly fixed wing.

So far I have posted Leonardo da Vinci Air Screw, a StarWars Millennium Falcon and a Jet Pack. More to come.

They are animated, so various parts respond to the controls.

On the Jet Pack for example, the head responds to the Rudder while the arms respond to the Ailerons, the legs to the Elevator. The flames are also animated, flickering and getting progressively bigger until lift off under control of the throttle.

The Screw spins on the Air Screw, while the Sensor Dish and Upper and Lower Guns respond to the Rudder on the Falcon.

They are derived from SketchUp models, but each takes several days to prepare, convert and animate.

Details and download links available on my Blog. Hope you take a look and try them out!
Jul 20, 2017, 04:07 PM
My name is Naga

User Made Model: ETA-2 Jedi Interceptor Starfighter for Phoenix Flight Sim

Here is my latest User Made Model, Anakin Skywalker's ETA-2 Jedi Interceptor Starfighter from the movie "Revenge of the Sith".

This one is a hot rod! Great fun to fly.

R2D2s little head rotates with the rudder, the Ion Motors flicker and increase in intensity with the throttle, and the side heat-dissipating panels that were deployed during combat are controlled by the Gear Channel. Main lights are also switchable.

If you want it, you can download it here or check out my Blog.
Jul 26, 2017, 08:13 PM
Hey guys - once upon a time, i stumbled accords a thread with instructions on how to setup your heli in Phoenix Sim so that it was tame, and felt more like a real model. It had something to do with. +9 / -4 pitch cover, and the likes. Can anyone redirect me to it ?
Jul 27, 2017, 03:02 AM
Rotor Controller
Thread OP
Info sheet just touched down in your message box ...
Jul 27, 2017, 06:20 AM
Thank you !
Jul 27, 2017, 06:20 AM
Capt., would you be so kind as to post that set up again? I had it stored but its gone and I would like to get back into helis.
Jack
Jul 29, 2017, 06:04 AM
Rotor Controller
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr
Capt., would you be so kind as to post that set up again? I had it stored but its gone and I would like to get back into helis.
Jack

Hi Jack (and Jill) - with you sister's name that got a good chuckle when I read what you wrote in my msg box. The Phoenix Simulator Flight School includes a refresher course written up as a checklist - only problem was finding it. I looked under the sofa and behind the chair and here and there and everywhere and as it usually goes when you looking for your glasses - it was in front of my nose.

Refresher Course:
Phoenix has a control-bar. It appears by pointing your mouse near the top of screen. The control-bar has 8 items - starting with System on the left and ending with Multiplayer on the right. Each of the items have pull-down menus. Each menu has additional pull-down menus where you can adjust the parameters for the simulator. Many of the menus have a DETAILED and SIMPLE button at the bottom and it is the DETAILS that allows you to define the parameters you want instead of Phoenix defining the parameters for you.

The 2 menus on the control-bar that control the parameters of the aircraft and are the most critical are Model and System. The example given for this crash course is for the Trex-500. After selecting the aircraft from the Model menu it then needs to be edited.

Model

Click Model > Click Edit > Click on the Detailed button on the bottom.
Click on Main Rotor > Click on Rotor - set Collective pitch for min 0 - mid 3 - max 7. Click on Finished at bottom of screen.

System

Click on Your controls > Click on Edit profile > Click on Detailed button on top.

Cyclic Pitch - Min 20 - Max 80 - Click on curve button with [...] in box - click on 25% expo (curve icon on top-right hand side of graph)

Cyclic Roll - repeat settings as in Cyclic Pitch.

Tail Rotor - Min 20 - Max 80 - no exponential [...] in curve box.

Save Values
There is no "Save" command in Phoenix. The values are saved automatically when you shut down Phoenix. Shut down Phoenix and start it again. All the values should be there and are saved permanently.

That should get you off the ground - my msg box is always open if any questions. Good luck and have a great flight!!

captJac
Last edited by CaptJac; Aug 08, 2017 at 02:11 AM.
Jul 29, 2017, 07:16 AM
Thanks a million boss, Happy flying all.
Jack
Aug 06, 2017, 05:52 AM
Thanks Jack !! - finally got my Sim running again, and inputted those settings. Now I can keep ‘practicing’ on those windy or rainy days

Quick Reply