This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 07, 2010, 03:50 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Thread OP
yeh, I will take lights on he whole time thank you.... unless I was doing something with a programmer and flying to some tunes..... then again, you have to be good to consider that
Jul 07, 2010, 08:45 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Thread OP
saw a great article in Model Airplane News..... Not trying to be a dick, but......
Jul 07, 2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing
saw a great article in Model Airplane News..... Not trying to be a dick, but......
good reading nice informative info
Jul 07, 2010, 09:04 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Thread OP
I can scan the whole article and send as PDF if you would like

this month's mag covers how to do the Knife Edge
Jul 07, 2010, 09:07 PM
nov
nov
Garage sale junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing
Not trying to be a dick, but......
O I think we all know what your are trying to be just kidding.
Jul 07, 2010, 09:14 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov
O I think we all know what your are trying to be just kidding.
Oh I was and I am sure I will be...... when someone brings their big bird to the huckfest with one week of flying it....

Sam and I will be wearing our chainmail shark bite suits with that in the air
Jul 07, 2010, 09:21 PM
nov
nov
Garage sale junkie
someone won't fly anything. Someone will talk about it on all the threads for weeks building up to it and when it gets here someone will take lots of pictures. And we all know who "someone" is.
Jul 07, 2010, 09:36 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
The dude that wrote that Model Airplane News article is a knob jockey.

why? KE mixing isn't just to help us correct this one maneuver, it's to help the plane fly an accurate yaw input. This is why after you do the mixing properly that it helps other maneuvers feel better. You can also trim out KE mixes on the flat and level, it's just harder. If you fly along straight and boot in rudder, if it's not mixed out it'll act strange in the same way as the coupling induces in the KE (most planes will drop and roll slightly). A properly set up aerobatic plane, as typically recommended, will simply yaw when you input rudder only.

If you read old school articles about trimming pattern planes, removing coupling involved breaking your wings in half to adjust the dihedral... thank goodness that the dihedral business and the general airframe dynamics is typically taken care of by product designers like Scott, Ben and AJ. As said, it's really not to help one maneuver, but to have the aircraft fly to your inputs more accurately.

Because he didn't mention why we mix out planes, the advice in that article generally misses the point.
Jul 07, 2010, 09:38 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
also... nut knocker in the article doesn't mention the kinds of planes you should be trimming. As a general article, he's just as much talking about flying KE with anything that can do it (biggest hint is that he mentions roll coupling where our biggest issue is typically the slight pitch coupling). Within the context of our little party of thoroughbred aerobatic planes, they're designed for accurate flying, so mix as required to get them accurate. He may have a point that mixing the poo out of something not designed to fly knife edge may not be very productive.
Jul 07, 2010, 09:42 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
yeh, nasty article. Especially ignore the parts highlighted
Jul 08, 2010, 05:49 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Thread OP

I never take their advice in that magazine......I just read the magazine for the horizon hobby pictures.....

I ..... uh ....... was just uhhhh..... laughing (sorry) when I read that section......uhhhhhh...... I won't do that again....probably ....maybe.....

I ....ummmm...... was all about the poo poo.....too much poo poo mixing....... poo poo bad ...... bad dog......

The Beast is a floaty biplane.......uh oh....there i go again ......more poo poo in their articles....... bad poo poo
Last edited by wedgewing; Jul 08, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
Jul 08, 2010, 07:43 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
good puppy
Jul 08, 2010, 04:14 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
sweet... just found out that there's a club I didn't know about 10 minutes down the road. quite happy about that.
Jul 08, 2010, 04:25 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
sweet... just found out that there's a club I didn't know about 10 minutes down the road. quite happy about that.
very nice
Jul 08, 2010, 05:59 PM
nov
nov
Garage sale junkie
boy are they going to be surprised. Hope they feed you like the BARC guys

Quick Reply