May 07, 2010, 05:55 PM
RC Group therapist

Ideas

Regards,
-Mike
Last edited by Boneswamped; May 09, 2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Moved to my own thread.
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2010, 06:56 PM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Thread OP
Two thumbs up Mike! I think those are killer ideas and looking forward to seeing your landing gear set-up. I think you should start another thread for your build to keep pictures and ideas seperate. I actually hate when I'm trying to find something and I have to read a 937 postings to find one thing. I think lots of threads with one build is better than everyone jumping onto the same build.

Just my two cents.
May 07, 2010, 07:21 PM
RC Group therapist
Hi Joe,
I'll start another thread like you mentioned. It will just cover the things that are different to the plan. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

-Mike
May 07, 2010, 07:40 PM
Thread OP
I don't mind! I just like to see more build threads and plugs for the PCA-2!

Nothing like free advertising!
May 08, 2010, 01:58 PM
Joe, just one question. I know you said silver solder on the mast leg brass brackets, but can you confirm it is actually 'silver solder' and not plumbing or heavy duty electrical solder? Any chance you could show the solder you use, just to avoid confusion?

Tony
May 08, 2010, 03:36 PM
Thread OP
No problem.
Here's what it is.
May 08, 2010, 10:51 PM
RC Group therapist
Hi Joe,

Keep those build photos coming. Good stuff!

Regards,
-Mike
Last edited by Boneswamped; May 09, 2010 at 09:46 AM.
May 09, 2010, 12:29 AM
Thread OP
For the guys that have gotten the plans you might be wondering....there is only one wing. How do I get the other wing?

If you flip the wing plans over, just take vegetable oil and spread it on the back side. It will blead the ink right thru. My plans are dried and you can't even tell that they had oil on them a month ago!
May 09, 2010, 12:34 AM
RC Group therapist
The hinge technique you used is very different than what I usually build. I saw in some of your photos, the old set of plans showed a standard hinge setup, but I guess you guys chose the new setup for looks. Looks nice, but will be a pain to build.
May 09, 2010, 12:40 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneswamped
The hinge technique you used is very different than what I usually build. I saw in some of your photos, the old set of plans showed a standard hinge setup, but I guess you guys chose the new setup for looks. Looks nice, but will be a pain to build.
Wahhhhhhhh!

It's really not that bad. Lots of my Balsa USA kits on the WWI plans were like this. But there is more than one way to skin a cat!

Quick Reply