Thread Tools
Apr 23, 2010, 06:31 PM
blue moon with an orange slice
Discussion

In all fairness shouldn’t there be a Atheists Quote of the week


I don’t feel it’s right to post in the bible quote of the week…that’s their thing and I don’t want to disrespect it as I see sometimes happens…so how about some Atheists Quotes of the week…

Here’s a few to catch up…!

Lighthouses are more helpful then churches. — Benjamin Franklin


All thinking men are atheists. — Ernest Hemingway


I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved -- the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!
-- John Adams

Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile. — Kurt Vonnegut
Apr 23, 2010, 07:13 PM
Suspended Account
Eat meat , cause plants have feelings too ........................OHhhh , , , Atheists ? , ? , ? ...Sorry , My bad , For some reason you said Atheists and my brain heard vegitarians
Apr 23, 2010, 07:27 PM
And You're Not
I'd be perfectly happy if proselytizing off all types was relegated to chit chat.

Maybe get the mods to start a new sub-forum, "Faith and Other Superstitions"
Apr 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
Registered User
Libelle201B's Avatar
Omg no
Apr 23, 2010, 07:32 PM
Registered User Wannabe
rodneygt's Avatar
So your quoting atheists, not quotes from their philosophy, correct?

I don't see any quotes from George Lincoln Rockwell.

You could add this one: "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?" - - Adolf Hitler

Perhaps you could throw in some Stalin or Mao while your at it.
Apr 23, 2010, 07:48 PM
blue moon with an orange slice
Hitler was a Catholic,Stalin was an Eastern Orthodox.
Hitlers mother wanted him to be a Catholic priest. Stalins mother wanted him to be an Orthodox priest.
Hitler attended a Benedictine monastery. Stalin attended Orthodox theological school and the seminary.

how about Osama bin Laden He’s a pretty pious guy…believes very strongly in god…
both sides of this coin can get ugly...


here you go the atheists philosophy...

Atheism rises above creeds, and puts Humanity upon one plane. There can be no "chosen people" in the Atheist philosophy. There are no bended knees in Atheism; no supplications, no prayers; no sacrificial redemptions; no "divine" revelations; no washing in the blood of the lamb; no crusades, no massacres, no holy wars; no heaven, no hell, no purgatory; no silly rewards and no vindictive punishments; no christs and no saviors; no devils, no ghosts, and no gods. Joseph Lewis
Last edited by popdada; Apr 23, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
Apr 23, 2010, 07:54 PM
Registered User Wannabe
rodneygt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada
Hitler was a Catholic,Stalin was an Eastern Orthodox.
Hitlers mother wanted him to be a Catholic priest. Stalins mother wanted him to be an Orthodox priest.
Hitler attended a Benedictine monastery. Stalin attended Orthodox theological school and the seminary...
Are you suggesting that these guys maintained throughout their lives the beliefs they were fed in their younger days?

I think that their views evolved over time.
Apr 23, 2010, 07:58 PM
Registered User Wannabe
rodneygt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada
. . .here you go the atheists philosophy...

Atheism rises above creeds, and puts Humanity upon one plane. There can be no "chosen people" in the Atheist philosophy. There are no bended knees in Atheism; no supplications, no prayers; no sacrificial redemptions; no "divine" revelations; no washing in the blood of the lamb; no crusades, no massacres, no holy wars; no heaven, no hell, no purgatory; no silly rewards and no vindictive punishments; no christs and no saviors; no devils, no ghosts, and no gods. Joseph Lewis
Now, this is more analogous to the other threads.
Apr 23, 2010, 08:01 PM
blue moon with an orange slice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneygt
Are you suggesting that these guys maintained throughout their lives the beliefs they were fed in their younger days?

I think that their views evolved over time.
Agreed…I’m just stating a fact…like...The Swastika is a religious symbol….
Atheism is faulted…just like religion…but it’s not an attack on any one religion
There are great religious thinkers as well as great atheists thinkers…
We don’t really have just one book to quote from….
Last edited by popdada; Apr 23, 2010 at 08:17 PM.
Apr 23, 2010, 08:51 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada
Hitler was a Catholic,Stalin was an Eastern Orthodox.
Hitlers mother wanted him to be a Catholic priest. Stalins mother wanted him to be an Orthodox priest.
Hitler attended a Benedictine monastery. Stalin attended Orthodox theological school and the seminary.

how about Osama bin Laden He’s a pretty pious guy…believes very strongly in god…
both sides of this coin can get ugly...


here you go the atheists philosophy...

Atheism rises above creeds, and puts Humanity upon one plane. There can be no "chosen people" in the Atheist philosophy. There are no bended knees in Atheism; no supplications, no prayers; no sacrificial redemptions; no "divine" revelations; no washing in the blood of the lamb; no crusades, no massacres, no holy wars; no heaven, no hell, no purgatory; no silly rewards and no vindictive punishments; no christs and no saviors; no devils, no ghosts, and no gods. Joseph Lewis
and no hope! I have always wandered why athiest so rail against that which they believe isn't.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Apr 23, 2010, 08:59 PM
blue moon with an orange slice
I don’t think all atheists are like that…I’m not…I have a lot of very religious friends…my brother in-law is a priest…Latin mass…father what-a-wasted the girls call him…my kids go to church with thier grandmother...let them make up their own mind...we may feel like a silent minority….I know some are pushy. But again I know a few religious people who are as well…
Apr 23, 2010, 09:07 PM
WAA-08 Survivor
Griffin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ
and no hope! I have always wandered why athiest so rail against that which they believe isn't.
Maybe because they find religion to be a detriment to society?

Maybe because they are disgusted by the waste of energy some spend on the imaginary world?

Maybe because they wish just a few more people would devote the wasted money, time and energy sacrificed to religion to improving conditions in this world?

Maybe because they see the thousands of years of violence and wars at least partially rooted in silly superstitions and hope for a more peaceful world?

I often wonder why the arrogant merchants of dogma don't appreciate the amazing tolerance constantly showered on them.

I even vote republican in part because it is the party more likely to respect the individual right to be a religious looney. That doesn't mean I need to keep my opinions about this mental disorder called religion to myself--only that I respect an individuals right to be a nut.

-Steve
Apr 23, 2010, 09:11 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada
I don’t think all atheists are like that…I’m not…I have a lot of very religious friends…my brother in-law is a priest…Latin mass…father what-a-wasted the girls call him…my kids go to church with thier grandmother...let them make up their own mind...we may feel like a silent minority….I know some are pushy. But again I know a few religious people who are as well…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
Maybe because they find religion to be a detriment to society?

Maybe because they are disgusted by the waste of energy some spend on the imaginary world?

Maybe because they wish just a few more people would devote the wasted money, time and energy sacrificed to religion to improving conditions in this world?

Maybe because they see the thousands of years of violence and wars at least partially rooted in silly superstitions and hope for a more peaceful world?

I often wonder why the arrogant merchants of dogma don't appreciate the amazing tolerance constantly showered on them.

I even vote republican in part because it is the party more likely to respect the individual right to be a religious looney. That doesn't mean I need to keep my opinions about this mental disorder called religion to myself--only that I respect an individuals right to be a nut.

-Steve
Both were excellent answers. Sometimes I even wonder some of the same things, except for the imaginary part.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Apr 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
"Cracking Toast Grommit!"
metalbuggy's Avatar
Great post Steve.
Apr 23, 2010, 09:23 PM
And You're Not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
Maybe because they find religion to be a detriment to society?

Maybe because they are disgusted by the waste of energy some spend on the imaginary world?

Maybe because they wish just a few more people would devote the wasted money, time and energy sacrificed to religion to improving conditions in this world?

Maybe because they see the thousands of years of violence and wars at least partially rooted in silly superstitions and hope for a more peaceful world?

I often wonder why the arrogant merchants of dogma don't appreciate the amazing tolerance constantly showered on them.

I even vote republican in part because it is the party more likely to respect the individual right to be a religious looney. That doesn't mean I need to keep my opinions about this mental disorder called religion to myself--only that I respect an individuals right to be a nut.

-Steve
I wonder the same things except for the "at least partially" part.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll Should there be an rc store in berryville VA friz Electric Plane Talk 8 Aug 16, 2010 12:38 PM
Question Is there any reason I shouldn't buy another Thunder AC6? djmoose Batteries and Chargers 15 Mar 09, 2010 05:40 AM
Discussion Is there any reason I shouldn't power my esc/servos without motor attached? pinato Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 4 Apr 12, 2008 12:07 PM
Discussion Why lipos shouldn't be used in larger airframes tic High Performance 33 Mar 31, 2006 05:05 PM
Shouldn't this forum be in "Electric"? nicnicholson Flying Wings 11 Jan 04, 2005 07:56 PM