Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 14, 2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71 View Post
Congratulations guys, this is one amazing project. One day, I'll be in for sure.

I'm coming for a trip over the pond in July, and this time, I'm hoping to finally see the F-20 at the Science Center, along with the Shuttle of course.

Shame the F-20 never made it into production. There would have been some great scale schemes to dress these up in. I love the Navy aggressor F5 schemes which would have been awesome on an F-20.

Cheers
Steve
Thanks mate,

Yes, they are both at the CA Science Center. I've never been there. PM when your coming to Ca.

Cheers, Gary
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2013, 06:34 PM
A.S.

A bungy (or spring) and a lever on the inner mains doors might work for a simple/light method to close them. Don't know when I'll try it though.
Feb 14, 2013, 08:25 PM
deltas are cool
nice work G yeah i think a wemo on a 3300 kv would be a tad weak on 4s thats a 5s-6s set up eh!.guess i need to get busy with some more parts for you . i have a custom job i need to finish so maybe i'll get a little time fri and sat .i was out of town with my wife for V day and our 36 yr anniversary wed and thurs morn. so back to work on making parts tomarrow.
Feb 14, 2013, 11:40 PM
Sounds great. Thanks.
We have the grand baby and family coming up for a couple days this weekend. (her first "road trip")
Feb 15, 2013, 12:14 AM
deltas are cool
sounds like fun ,we have one all week too ...he spins the wheels on my F-20 and makes jet noises
Feb 15, 2013, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
sounds like fun ,we have one all week too ...he spins the wheels on my F-20 and makes jet noises

Speaking of F-20 wheels....... Since we're going with a light setup. I'm omitting the brakes.
I'm might see if I have some plain bushings to replace the ball bearings in the wheels.
Feb 15, 2013, 08:03 AM
fly like an EAGLE ;)
dad and gary, you should think about having kieth sparks make your canopies, probably only charge 6-7 bucks per canopy...dad i think thats worth your time.

canopy frame looks awesome gary!

ps....with the cool 42 or arc would be peeeerfect!
Feb 15, 2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the contact CN. He did your T-38 canopy huh?

1450W, 4s Wemo it is.
Feb 15, 2013, 11:13 PM
deltas are cool
will im making some tomarrow will see how it goes ...its up to you gary ,at least we need to find a place to buy the plastic ,i have enough for @ 7-10 canopys.i also cut some bearing tubes this morn and laid out about 15 control horns ...those i wish we could get water jet cut ...but this all adds to the cost .there is a lot to this arf kit stuff im working for china wages
G a Het would be faster and might sound better .im going to do a Het in my light one .might as well get several different fans tested.
Feb 16, 2013, 01:16 AM
Quote:
will im making some tomarrow will see how it goes ...its up to you gary ,at least we need to find a place to buy the plastic ,i have enough for @ 7-10 canopys.i also cut some bearing tubes this morn and laid out about 15 control horns ...those i wish we could get water jet cut ...but this all adds to the cost .there is a lot to this arf kit stuff im working for china wages
G a Het would be faster and might sound better .im going to do a Het in my light one .might as well get several different fans tested.
Sounds like your busy, as usual!
HET is no prob either.
Feb 18, 2013, 02:19 AM
Gary, im sure you will start lite, then end up with a big mega on 8s with a efflux fan.
You didnt build this rocket to go SLOW??? We all need to start there.
Last edited by capt soap; Feb 18, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
Feb 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Gary, im sure you will start lite, then end up with a big mega on 8s with a efflux fan.
You didnt build this rocket to go SLOW??? We all need to start there.
I may need more than one F-20.
Feb 18, 2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
hers some pics showing the innerds of the wing
Looks nice A.S.
Good reference pics for me.
Feb 18, 2013, 05:45 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
I may need more than one F-20.
That's why I put an order in for 5....

Getting closer. I bounced through LAX on my way to NYC. Back on the west cost in around 3 weeks. J