Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by Dkumagai
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Well what I did was use a dremel to adapt a standard 6x4e to the stock adapter (I have a v1 Bix), but I think I cannot balance it properly because of my dremeling it... I just can't get the vibes any better even after messing with it on bench trying to balance it out, and my AP freaks out anywhere above 50% throttle.
I did the same with the spare stock motor I had on my girlfriend's scratch plane. I thought I could teach her to fly a 4 channel but she kept nosing it hard and bent the shaft a number of times. Eventually I just cut the shaft to a half inch nub to help prevent it from bending. It's too long stock anyway. You might try shortening it a bit.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
FPV Electronics For Life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkumagai View Post
Sorry didn't see that AJ had already beat me to this. I surprised you're running an fpv setup on the stock motor, let alone the standard 5x5. A motor upgrade would probably be your best bet. If you wouldn't mind doing some modification I would go with a slower motor and larger pitchier prop for extra brute thrust for your fpv gear. But if you want to stay in the 6 inch range a 2200 kv with a 6x4 would be just fine. Personally I like my 2700 kv and 6x4 screamer setup .
I am using a 6x4 on stock motor, but I originally dremeled it to fit it to the stock adapter, which now that I am trying to get my AP to work it doesn't like the vibes, I don't think this prop can be balanced because of my dremelling.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations

Help is around

Quote:
I am using a 6x4 on stock motor, but I originally dremeled it to fit it to the stock adapter, which now that I am trying to get my AP to work it doesn't like the vibes, I don't think this prop can be balanced because of my dremelling.
My bet is that you are correct. Are you going to order a new prop adapter and prop? Oh, I still do not know if you have a brushless motor or a brushed motor. Hmmm. If you still need any help, there are several folks that will jump in to help out.
Update: I read some of your previous posts. You have a Bixler-Got it. That means you have a BL motor. What 2200kv motor were you looking at/romancing?
AJ
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:55 PM
Brushless 1900kv
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
Quote:
Brushless 1900kv
OK. What motor are you looking at? Did you read the motor stuff on Page #1?
AJ
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by dhyayi
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
I used these control horns. They come with screws.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
are they good enough?

Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
OK. What motor are you looking at? Did you read the motor stuff on Page #1?
AJ
I have looked, about to look again... probably going to do 2200kv with 6x4.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by Dkumagai
Quote:
Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you dremeled the shaft. You're right IMO, the prop is a lost cause. It would be easiest to buy a new prop and adapter which you'll have to do anyway if you get a new motor. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I LOVE microdans. I have 3 now, and they're by far the best motors I've used.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:55 PM
Find More Posts by overmyhead
Is there another plane just like a Bixler but smaller overall and scaled down?
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by sammyc
I need a bigger shed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
There's a few similar ones. There's the AXN floater jet or clouds fly, 1200mm wingspan, hobbyking I know have a plane that looks similar but is 800 or 900mm wingspan.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:13 PM
What is the shaft mm on stock bix 2620-1900kv motor?
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Limited flyer
Quote:
Well what I did was use a dremel to adapt a standard 6x4e to the stock adapter (I have a v1 Bix), but I think I cannot balance it properly because of my dremeling it... I just can't get the vibes any better even after messing with it on bench trying to balance it out, and my AP freaks out anywhere above 50% throttle.
For me , i found a prop reamer tool to be pretty usefull,{because i am lazy}. If done properly, you should't have to balance it that much.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:21 AM
Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
ICrashRCs
Quote:
Vector 850
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1599809
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Me a long time ago
Quote:
You want smaller? This is smaller. I have 4 of these and have RCed them.
http://www.totemhobbies.co.uk/produc...entawhite.aspx
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by epyonxero
Quote:
Ok so it seems it is a loosing battle to get this 6x4 prop I have perfectly balanced, so what is a link to a 6x4 prop that FITS the stock Bixler prop saver?
Im using this prop here:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...products_id=85

I tightened it down on the stock shaft with the adapter ring that came with the prop and I havent had any problems.

EDIT: Now that I think of it I may have had to ream it out some.