Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Get a model sky crane :P
Nope. prolly loose that to.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
I trapped my bix on a school roof today,ya ya i know, stop flying in populated places where plane sucking roofs are, to be honest i was flying in some wind i am not quite used to,20km with gusts uo to 35km. Get you giggles on.
E-mailed a freind to see if i can borrow his BIG LADDER. It's not that bad though only a 15-20 foot climb is all.. Only bad thing abou it is the lipo will be toast before i get it back.OH WELL.
Havent hit a roof yet but Ive gotten my Bixler stuck in two trees so far. The first time was when I was coming in for a landing and didnt realize how close I was and the second was when my AP went crazy. I ended up buying a 35 ft telescoping pole to get my plane back. The trees here dont have lower branches so its impossible to climb them.
Mar 30, 2012, 07:02 PM
SlowMoWatt Crash 09-29-10.mov (4 min 23 sec)

Why, I even think the pilot is our very own Ajbaker .[/QUOTE]

That is funny

check out this one that i go in a boatRam

Porteau Cove Vancouver BC Hobbyking Bixler & Gopro Hero HD (8 min 0 sec)

westwood"s channel www.youtube.com/user/9westwood9
Last edited by Westwood; Mar 31, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
Mar 30, 2012, 08:26 PM
Nice catch!
Mar 30, 2012, 08:49 PM
Limited flyer
Yes. it was a nice catch, you did'nt watch the whole thing to find that out did you,YAWN.
Mar 30, 2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Yes. it was a nice catch, you did'nt watch the whole thing to find that out did you,YAWN.
No, I skipped ahead. Still a nice catch...
Mar 30, 2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Hey proff 100, is that latch method for your wings still working, you know, the method from antennahead?
I took them out after the spar cover failed and glued the wings in. It did work well but with dual lock available now I would use that method. It's 5 times stronger than velcro / standard hook and loop.
Mar 31, 2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
I took them out after the spar cover failed and glued the wings in. It did work well but with dual lock available now I would use that method. It's 5 times stronger than velcro / standard hook and loop.
I just discovered you can mix hook and loop with dual-lock to create a nice solid join that isn't too hard to seperate - use it for batteries at the mo' (standard on the battery, dual-lock strip in the fuse)

I found the dual lock wing mod too hard to split - the lock sticky side needs to be GG/epoxy'ed onto the wing!
Mar 31, 2012, 07:47 AM
Gravity impaired
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonFlyer View Post
I just discovered you can mix hook and loop with dual-lock to create a nice solid join that isn't too hard to seperate - use it for batteries at the mo' (standard on the battery, dual-lock strip in the fuse)

I found the dual lock wing mod too hard to split - the lock sticky side needs to be GG/epoxy'ed onto the wing!
I find that if you lightly sand the foam to remove the shine and then clean with alcohol, the supplied glue on the dual lock works fine. Mine has been in place for 50+ flights on my SS.
Mar 31, 2012, 08:18 AM
That's probably where I went wrong - the sticky side hasn't failed on other applications if pressed in place for 60 secs
Mar 31, 2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwood View Post
Wow! Beautiful video! Great orientation of skyline relative to plane, beautiful weather, excellent exposure, and great flying.

It really got me to dreaming of doing something like that myself.

Where is this location? Reminded me of the Pacific Northwest.

Please share camera information, mounting etc. too.

Lovely job and nice accompanying background music. No yawns for me!

More! More!

VJ
Mar 31, 2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Don't you mean to sayAJ has put togeather many different wing attatchment meathods from many different flyers. Tthe way you say it would suggest he thought of them all.
Of course AJ didn't design all the different methods for attaching the wings but he was generous enough with his time to identify and include them in the initial posts of this thread to make it easier for new owners of Skyfurfers / Bixlers. We owe him a big thank you for his work as thread starter and thread moderator. Remember, there is no one being paid to run the thread.
Mar 31, 2012, 12:43 PM
Suspended Account
I just glue the wings that way I know they are not comming out. I'm not worried about transport since the wingspan is not that great but I like to know the wings are 100% secure.
Mar 31, 2012, 05:43 PM
Hello!

Lots of info in this thread!!!
I just maidened my Bixler but now I'll need to go through the thread for tuning it! Nice job on the first posts!

Here is the video of the maiden:

Bixler Maiden Flight with FrSky Telemetry (3 min 4 sec)

First steps: Attach the wings (want to keep them removable) and remove the dead weight from the front.

Cheers,

Franck
Mar 31, 2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffranck View Post
Hello!

Lots of info in this thread!!!
I just maidened my Bixler but now I'll need to go through the thread for tuning it! Nice job on the first posts!

Here is the video of the maiden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQn3ng8ykhQ

First steps: Attach the wings (want to keep them removable) and remove the dead weight from the front.

Cheers,

Franck
Nice flying. Glad you had a good maiden. My first went into a tree. My second was similar to yours except I did not hear any sound just lost my prop which ended in a hard nose landing.

Have fun with the Bix.

Quick Reply