Apr 12, 2012, 04:14 PM
Wow- over 500w on the stock motor? Video please!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2012, 08:41 PM
Limited flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris.hans
The bixler is by far my funnest and most versatile plane

Wings tips clipped and re-glued to the opposite sides of the wing for stabilizers.
7x6 prop trimmed/re-sharpened to fit a few mm's above the foam
HK 40amp blue ESC.
Stock Motor.
Stock Servos.
Battery: Nano 4s 1300 25c (lightweight high maneuverability setup).
4s 2200 35c (monster setup on 6x4 prop).
HK gy401 gyro programmed but only used in 15+mph winds

I like it cause it can do just about anything but hover, but with the flip of a switch is back to training manners.
Do you loose any of the soaring capabilties with your wings like that{with out the gyro on}
Apr 12, 2012, 10:55 PM
Hey,

Thought I would share a quick vid taken while FPVing Bixler. Found my self in a big flock of Pelicans

Pelicans Stabilised. (0 min 53 sec)

Cheers,
Gimmer.
Last edited by Gimmer; Apr 14, 2012 at 05:40 AM.
Apr 13, 2012, 08:40 AM
Looks like you found the pelicans and then had to harass them with your bix???
Apr 13, 2012, 09:05 AM
I just received my Bixler from HobbyKing in the mail. I ordered the ARF version, expecting it to have a brushless motor and I would provide the ESC, battery, and Tx/Rx. Out of the 4 choices on the outside of the box to be checked (RTF, ARF, PNP, KIT), they have the PNP checked. I haven't opened the box yet, due to my terrible experience with Banana Hobby sending me the wrong motor and since I assembled the plane, they wouldn't help me. What is the difference between the PNP and the ARF? I can't even find a PNP version on HobbyKing's website, so I'm not sure what is going on. I don't think opening the box will void my warranty, as HobbyKing should be better than BH, but it took a very long time for it to get to me in the US, so sending it back and waiting would be quite awhile. Any help would be appreciated.
Apr 13, 2012, 09:49 AM
Getting the stock SS V4 engine is only a 50-50 (I bought two arf) whether it will work or not. The first didn't last through one battery. After it quit I tore it apart and it had a magnet that wasn't glued in correctly and was rubbing. The second has lasted through two batteries so I guess we will see. I replaced the first with a 2208-1820 from NitroPlanes with a cut down 6x4 and it performs much better (and is still running after 5+ batteries).
Apr 13, 2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer
Hey,

Thought I would share a quick vid taken while FPVing Bixler. Found my self in a pretty buckin fig flock of Pelicans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHZSa5WuRps

Cheers,
Gimmer.
Gimmer

You are a plain idiot. You flew into the flock that was coming at you head on not once but twice. You could have hurt a bird & destroyed your Bix.

I believe that following a flock of birds is ok but not driving right through them. You are sharing the sky with them and being the "intelligent" species you should have avoided or stayed outside for safety and humane reasons

It's too bad they weren't a more aggressive bird. They should have torn your Bix apart.
Apr 13, 2012, 11:05 AM
Occupying RCG
Lou,

My arf Bix came from hk us. It too has pnp checked on the box. The outer box it shipped in actually was labelled SkySurfer. As far as I can tell, mine is a renamed v1.
and
I expected, and recieved an arf with brushless motor, worthless servos (replaced), and I supply the esc batt.and rx.

I have never gone near bh based on the horror stories I've read here.
Last edited by olthump; Apr 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
Apr 13, 2012, 11:37 AM
Me a long time ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishLou
I just received my Bixler from HobbyKing in the mail. I ordered the ARF version, expecting it to have a brushless motor and I would provide the ESC, battery, and Tx/Rx. Out of the 4 choices on the outside of the box to be checked (RTF, ARF, PNP, KIT), they have the PNP checked. I haven't opened the box yet, due to my terrible experience with Banana Hobby sending me the wrong motor and since I assembled the plane, they wouldn't help me. What is the difference between the PNP and the ARF? I can't even find a PNP version on HobbyKing's website, so I'm not sure what is going on. I don't think opening the box will void my warranty, as HobbyKing should be better than BH, but it took a very long time for it to get to me in the US, so sending it back and waiting would be quite awhile. Any help would be appreciated.
Open the box.
Apr 13, 2012, 11:50 AM
FPV Electronics For Life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olthump
Lou,

My arf Bix came from hk us. It too has pnp checked on the box. The outer box it shipped in actually was labelled SkySurfer. As far as I can tell, mine is a renamed v1.
and
I expected, and recieved an arf with brushless motor, worthless servos (replaced), and I supply the esc batt.and rx.

I have never gone near bh based on the horror stories I've read here.
You know I haven't had a problem with the stock servos yet.
Apr 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
Gravity impaired
Quote:
Yes, open the box!
Apr 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
Occupying RCG
I installed the mg900s as insurance and the ability to put 'em in another plane down the line. Someday, I'll use the stock servos in something low, slow and lightweight.

But first I've gotta dust it off and finish it.
Apr 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks, I opened the box and it was what I had expected. But I realized my microjet v3 wires are too short to reach my ESC, so I'll have to make an extension or just fly with the stock motor for awhile.

My fuselage halves were seperated, so it should be easy to remove the washers, but what is the best way to get all that hot glue out of there? I will be using a 2200 mah battery.
Apr 13, 2012, 04:10 PM
FPV Electronics For Life!
Quote:
Thanks, I opened the box and it was what I had expected. But I realized my microjet v3 wires are too short to reach my ESC, so I'll have to make an extension or just fly with the stock motor for awhile.

My fuselage halves were seperated, so it should be easy to remove the washers, but what is the best way to get all that hot glue out of there? I will be using a 2200 mah battery.
Hot water (not too hot) will help remove the washers and make the hot glue very soft and easy to pull off. 2200 is a good battery for all around flying, I use a 2200 for normal flight and a 2700 for FPV.
Apr 13, 2012, 04:56 PM
Limited flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Gimmer

You are a plain idiot. You flew into the flock that was coming at you head on not once but twice. You could have hurt a bird & destroyed your Bix.

I believe that following a flock of birds is ok but not driving right through them. You are sharing the sky with them and being the "intelligent" species you should have avoided or stayed outside for safety and humane reasons

It's too bad they weren't a more aggressive bird. They should have torn your Bix apart.
Even though i don't fly fpv,i agree.But wouln't it have been better to point out what he did wrong with out being so defensive about it.

Quick Reply